• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I am an illustrator/graphic designer, been in the business for 30 years— I can fix stuff up for the poster.

The black and white pic posted by dog walker is a good start, just needs a bit of strengthening of linework to work as a poster, and needs to be made as a vector file so resolution is not a problem. But any pic can be done up as a black and white representation of the original as long as it has changed a bit to satisfy copyright…but don't think it will be much of an issue considering it is not for commercial purposes, and the originator would be a bit of a dick if he was heard protesting on a get well poster. As burgey posted earlier, we should wait for Hughsey to recover before choosing the wording IMO.
Yes!!! Welcome on board wiff :)

I've sent a DM to James requesting a high res image of the CW logo as we want to incorporate that, once I have that I can email you it or post it in here and your help would be very much appreciated.

As for waiting to see what happens with The Prince, it really depends on if we get volunteers going to the test matches. If we want this to be at Adelaide I need to get the design to the makers today........tbh though I can't see that realistically happening so we are looking at doing this for Melbourne and Sydney, that being the case we do have a little bit of time up our sleeve to see how the next couple of days go for Phil.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm happy to contribute btw. Didn't post yesterday because there had been a few posts mentioning that funds seemed to be covered, but will donate if it lowers the amount needed for everyone else.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Was just wondering what we should do with this flag once the tests are over.........what do we reckon about sending it to Hughes? Sure between us we could work out how to get it to him.

Was also thinking.......if we can't get anyone going to the test matches to display it, would people still be up for doing this and just getting it sent straight to Phil at St Vinnies Hospital? Would be much better if we could get it around to a couple of the tests and I think we had a couple of tentative volunteers that can do it for Sydney. But if this doesn't work out what about that for a B plan?

Last edited:

Justo

U19 Debutant
That's a great idea Dan. I've counted the following 19 posters who have confirmed they wish to donate. So if we just do the the flag ($102 +$10 postage) it's $5.90 each. Shall we say that $6 is the minimum donation each but if anyone wants to donate more we will send the remaining balance to a related charity? That way we can still keep adding to this list if more people want to get involved........

Adders
Burgey
Spikey
GIMH
Ajude
Spark
Howardj
Morgieb
El Nino
James
Dontcloseyoureyes
Jan
Daemon
Howe_Zat
Dan
Neil Pickup
Stapel
Tom Halsey

New donators (will update this post as more people stick their hands up)

Wiff
Cabinet96
BackFootPunch

The Pay Pal address for donations is cricketweb@gmail.com........BUT PLEASE DON'T SEND ANY FUNDS YET!!! Until we get volunteers going to the tests to hang the flag then this is still far from a done thing.
Don't forget shipping between each city Adelaide > Melbourne > Sydney + wherever it's going to end up.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
That looks ****ing great Nate and IMO the best submission yet. Only thing I'll say is personally I'd prefer the CW logo rather than the URL (assuming we don't want to use both?)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, to all those now playing with designs. The flag itself will be 6' x 4' so that should give you an idea of the aspect ratio to work with.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Also Adders I am getting quotes from my printing guy to see if he can match your price and speed…hope you don't mind

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Also Adders I am getting quotes from my printing guy to see if he can match your price and speed…hope you don't mind
Not at all mate. I haven't any previous experience with the Co I'm speaking to.........just found them on google. So if you have your own contacts go for it wiff.........I'm in no way taking ownership of this, I just want to ensure it gets done. More than happy for anyone to jump in.

That looks a bit busy to me
Seriously? I reckon it's frickin excellent (apart from the Aussie flag but what ya gonna do......)

Well I reckon we're really getting somewhere now with 2 or 3 really top notch designs in the last few pages. Up to the consensus I guess which one we go with (or a combination if we all like bits of them)

wiff

First Class Debutant
LOL I'm not precious, but just keep in mind we won't be able to please everybody. Someone needs to act as boss and take leadership…I nominate adders :) BTW my printer is up to his eyeballs atm so it's back to your contact there adders.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantastic effort here from the Mt Colah Colossus on debut.
Yeah, bloke is having a stunning first season for sure.

Strike me down for saying it but I prefer it with the Aussie flag.......if our intention is to ultimately make sure Phill gets the banner in the end then it will mean more to him with the flag I reckon.

Burgey, do you have the contacts that could get this to Hughes once it's (hopefully) done a tour of a couple of test grounds?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL I'm not precious, but just keep in mind we won't be able to please everybody. Someone needs to act as boss and take leadership…I nominate adders :) BTW my printer is up to his eyeballs atm so it's back to your contact there adders.
No worries, we'll stick with the mob I'm talking too then.

As with taking ownership, your right we're not going to please everyone and if we're still unresolved by the end of today I'm happy to make the call on it and your one with the Aussie flag is the front runner for mine. Until we have to make a decision though I'm still happy for everyone to have their say.