• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PCB Hands Out Bans - Discussion and Aftermath

Xuhaib

International Coach
loved the press conference when Afridi rang the PCB chairman picked up the phone to reply forgetting it was Afridi's cell.

Atleast they have a full side to choose from now.They are depserately in need of wins with their last test series win comming 4 years back.With Yosaf,Akthar,Malik and Younus back they have a chance to topple Australia and England.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Atleast they have a full side to choose from now.They are depserately in need of wins with their last test series win comming 4 years back.With Yosaf,Akthar,Malik and Younus back they have a chance to topple Australia and England.
Yousuf is not back yet and Pakistan will not topple England or Aus.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The selection of any steroid poppers basically invalidates any positive result for Pakistan, should it happen.

Also why don't Pakistan simply not select players who were supposed to be banned?

Australia have a bad record in England recently and Bangladesh have performed quite well in England.Signs are good for Pakistan....they must go with following team

Kamran
Butt
Younus
Yosaf
Malik
Fawad
Afridi
Amir
Asif
Akthar
Ajmal

This side has every chance of beating Australia and England.....actually Pak may be slight favourites against England.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Australia have a bad record in England recently and Bangladesh have performed quite well in England.Signs are good for Pakistan....they must go with following team

Kamran
Butt
Younus
Yosaf
Malik
Fawad
Afridi
Amir
Asif
Akthar
Ajmal

This side has every chance of beating Australia and England.....actually Pak may be slight favourites against England.
I doubt Yousuf will be there and I would most definately put Umar Akmal in the middle order...Younis and Umar will make a quite decent middle order and certainly not open with Kamran. Fawad Alam could be a good choice to open with Butt. And Ajmal has been quite ineffective against Aus in Aus. Kaneria is playing county cricket so he would be a better pick over Ajmal.

Akhtar...well...all depends how he turns out in Asia Cup. Otherwise Umar Gul it is....

I doubt Yousuf will be there and I would most definately put Umar Akmal in the middle order...Younis and Umar will make a quite decent middle order and certainly not open with Kamran. Fawad Alam could be a good choice to open with Butt. And Ajmal has been quite ineffective against Aus in Aus. Kaneria is playing county cricket so he would be a better pick over Ajmal.

Akhtar...well...all depends how he turns out in Asia Cup. Otherwise Umar Gul it is....
Forgot Umer.Replace Fawad with him.Kaneria is better than Ajmal imo but 2 leg spinners would be a waste -other being Afridi.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why are steroids unfair? Compared to say...protein shakes or other supplements?
Where the line is drawn isn't the important part though, you could try and outlaw protein shakes and other supplements if you wanted to.
The fact is that all sportsmen can take protein shakes and supplements if they'd like to but they're prohibited from taking steroids, taking steroids is therefore cheating.
If protein shakes and supplements achieve the same thing then how ******** are they to choose to break the rules and risk being caught when they could get similar benefits from competing fairly?
But they don't offer identical benefits do they, thus they cheat and take steroids for the competitive advantages.

Sir Alex

Banned
Yea I know. Sorry. I can't resist. One of my pet peeves.

Why are steroids unfair? Compared to say...protein shakes or other supplements?
Where the line is drawn isn't the important part though, you could try and outlaw protein shakes and other supplements if you wanted to.
The fact is that all sportsmen can take protein shakes and supplements if they'd like to but they're prohibited from taking steroids, taking steroids is therefore cheating.
If protein shakes and supplements achieve the same thing then how ******** are they to choose to break the rules and risk being caught when they could get similar benefits from competing fairly?
But they don't offer identical benefits do they, thus they cheat and take steroids for the competitive advantages.

This.