• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pay to Play

shortpitched713

International Captain
Which international cricketer would you play to play against? You get 11 overs to either bowl or bat against them. You can choose either current or past cricketers, living or dead.

Personally, I'm not sure whether I'd want a chance to bowl against Bradman or maybe bat against Muralitharan. I certainly wouldn't want to bat against a seamer, as I doubt I've faced anything over 75 mph, and I would probably get injured. Might be a bit demoralizing bowling against Bradman and watching my bowling getting torn to pieces, so I'll have to go with Murali and leave my ego at the door when I face him.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Jeeves and I would play a bit of beach cricket then go off to the local and talk about global warming, the American political scene and how gun it would be to have Scott Styris's name.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
To be frank, I couldnt bowl 11 overs at anyone. Id be on my knees after 4 overs of giving it full welly.

So it would have to be batting, and it would have to be against Warne. Ive only once played against a guy turning it like him and that was on a sticky and it was very tough so the experience would be pretty new to me and after growing up during the 'how do we play this guy?' period of English cricket it would be great to have a crack at him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
New? :huh:

Would probably go for bowling at Aravinda de Silva and, well... not batting TBH.
I don't bat.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Warne

Would wa down the track to him over and again till I hit him back over his head, would then proceed to boast about it and neglect to mention the other 65 balls which bowled me :p

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne for me too, facing.

I haven't bowled since school decades ago, then to no standard. So I doubt it would be edifying seeing bradman watching the ball go to second slip with my Harmison-like accuracy, but considerably less pace. At least even with my shambolic batsmanship, I could get a remote idea what Shane does with the ball, as it flummoxed me again and again.

No fast bowlers either obviously, for pain reasons, and I doubt I'd even see the ball, such would be my cowering.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Would love to have the honor of bowling to Sir Vivian Richards and getting each bowl hit out of the stadium. :)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I would love to bowl to Sachin Tendulkar and watch the master destroy me. I would like to face Shane Warne as I quite fancy myself against leg spin and would like to be put into my place :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would love to have the honor of bowling to Sir Vivian Richards and getting each bowl hit out of the stadium. :)
Haha, reminds me of when Viv was in Shanghai for a sixes tournament. First ball was effortlessly hit out of the ground, and the bowler, a local 40-something expat, just walked up and shook his hand.

Would want to face Warne or Murali though, I'm fairly confident I wouldn't actually get anything but an edge on most of the balls, but it'd be fun nonetheless.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
this all maybe possible.. with the development of the "wii sport games" ie golf, tennis, tenpin bowling ...im sure it wont be to long before it starts getting more seriuos and realistic.. start resembling the games in there entirity.

JBMAC

State Captain
Tiger O'Reilly....consider to be the finest bowler of his time and being a Keeper myself would love to have a go with Warne,Murali,Hadlee and Proctor