• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pavel Florin

cnerd123

likes this
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-after-admitting-bowling-action-not-beautiful

Florin told the European Cricket League: “Maybe someone says my bowling is not beautiful or not effective, but I don’t care, because I love cricket.

“It’s not beautiful, I know, everybody says it, but I’m a slow bowler.”

The 40-year-old allrounder, who took up playing cricket at the age of 32, said in an interview in May he had a top score of 36 for his club and once took two wickets in a three-over spell.

cnerd123

likes this
https://ecn.cricket/news/player-profile-pavel-florin/132

1. Who are you, where are you from? Where were you born? How old are you and what is your profession?
My name is Pavel Florin, I am from Cluj-Napoca, Romania, born in the same city. I am 40 years old, president of Cluj Cricket Club and as a profession I am a bodyguard.

5. Why did you first choose to play cricket?
It is a sport which combines both team and individual game, also because there is a lot of fair play, and because it is different from the other games I have been playing so far.

7. When have you been the hero for your team and what did you do?
I would not call it a hero act, but it is the match that gave me confidence that I can be a good cricket player, I drove 500km during night time for 9 straight hours just to reach for the match in the morning. I stayed 14 overs on the ground and scored 34 runs not out.

12. What do you see your ideal role being in your team in 2019?
As a player, I would like to be an opener and to have complete spell for bowling. Of course this is almost impossible, because my colleagues have a certain value.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I really want to know is how fast is he bowling. 50 km/h? 40 km/h? Your standard loopy low grade off spinner is about 60-65 km/h imo, this is slower than that.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What I really want to know is how fast is he bowling. 50 km/h? 40 km/h? Your standard loopy low grade off spinner is about 60 km/h imo, this is slower than that.
Yeah I was your standard loopy grade off spinner and having already been horrified at seeing how slow I looked on camera, he's much slower.

WAG.

cnerd123

likes this
I reckon he was around 50 kmph. I don't think it's possible to get the ball down to the other end any slower than that.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's not act like every second 40+ year old veteran 'seamer' in the UK leagues doesn't bowl like this. In the league I played in, the top wicket-taker was a guy who bowled 60km loopy nude left-arm orthodox. I got out to him, because something your brain completely cannot compute can't possibly hope to hit.

Good on Pavel though, a legend is born. Not sure about his reverse sweep, needs work.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's the hero the game needs but does not deserve. Love him.

GotSpin needs to branch out of towels and do a line (everyone does lines in Bondi, as an aside) of Pavel merch. Would pay decent coin for a replica shirt.

TheJediBrah

Loving the videos, but I still can't figure out how this guy is playing for his country? I'm guessing there's just no one else, which is fair

cnerd123

likes this
He's the hero the game needs but does not deserve. Love him.

GotSpin needs to branch out of towels and do a line (everyone does lines in Bondi, as an aside) of Pavel merch. Would pay decent coin for a replica shirt.
Thanks to that cricket meme page on FB, Cluj CC have seen an increase in followers too. Safe to say they're the most popular cricket club in Romania

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Loving the videos, but I still can't figure out how this guy is playing for his country? I'm guessing there's just no one else, which is fair
I'm not sure he has played for his country. This tournament is like a champions league kind of thing with club sides from various European countries. He bats down the order and rarely bowls for his.

TheJediBrah

I'm not sure he has played for his country. This tournament is like a champions league kind of thing with club sides from various European countries. He bats down the order and rarely bowls for his.
pretty amazing that they've got the kind of coverage that they do, given the standard. And here I thought associates were being neglected