• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PAKISTANI FANS ONLY: who do you think better?

Better Test match bowler for Pakistan

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, obviously I feel they're all incorrect. But general naivety and incorrectness on a certain player-vs-player comparison are two totally different things.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I doubt it as I'm unlikely ever to speak to him. He does live on the other side of The World to me.

But yes, should the situation arise should we by some miracle converse, I would indeed say that I considered Imran the better.

Not sure who Border considers the better, BTW. Wouldn't be all that surprised with either.

FRAZ

International Captain
Disappointing lack of Pakistani fans so far - just 4. Can't say it's all that surprising, unfortunately, mind.

Where's np10 and FRAZ? Both disappeared off the planet recently.
Checked the thread and finaly I figured out the polls and I guess Wasim> Imran ...
I am all here .. Working in the day time and then in the evening when I am home then I go to play squash and when me and my friends come back then we play poker or some nasty ludo (juzz cuzz home maker is away for the time being) . And in the weekends we play cricket and soccer and in the evening we do some other stuff and I hardly get time to come online or even if I do then I simple go to youtube and play some playlist i.e Raggae (Bob Marley) or busy signal or some qawwali to listen while playing texas hold'em ......

FRAZ

International Captain
Checked the thread and finaly I figured out the polls and I guess Wasim> Imran ...
I am all here .. Working in the day time and then in the evening when I am home then I go to play squash and when me and my friends come back then we play poker or some nasty ludo (juzz cuzz home maker is away for the time being) . And in the weekends we play cricket and soccer and in the evening we do some other stuff and I hardly get time to come online or even if I do then I simple go to youtube and play some playlist i.e Raggae (Bob Marley) or busy signal or some qawwali to listen while playing texas hold'em ......
Fraz you got a life mate !!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, FRAZ, I do love you.
Thats not the case here .Suppose he says Wasim ,will u call him naive and incorrect ?
The latter, yes; the former, probably not.

And no, won't call either of them to his face, because I'm not generally that rude, as it's unnecessary.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not talking about who was more "naturally talented" (never a massive fan of that phrase anyway) but who achieved more as a Test-match bowler for Pakistan.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Based purely on bowling..- Wasim Akram!!

As a player...no one in Pakistan even comes close to what Imran acheived!!

funnygirl

State Regular
Oh, FRAZ, I do love you.

The latter, yes; the former, probably not.

And no, won't call either of them to his face, because I'm not generally that rude, as it's unnecessary.
Fair enough ,how will u convince him that Imran is better than Wasim and prove him that he is incorrect ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I doubt I will. Only exceptionally rarely does anyone change their mind on who's better out of two cricketers.

funnygirl

State Regular
No one can (either way), and how does it matter anyway :)
Nothing infact .I feel that Richard has a contempt (hidden ) feeling towards those who voted for Wasim ,that either they are kids or have no knowledge about cricket .Hence i was asking .

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing infact .I feel that Richard has a contempt (hidden ) feeling towards those who voted for Wasim ,that either they are kids or have no knowledge about cricket .Hence i was asking .
Richards is almost a kid himself you know :)