• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan

Beleg

International Regular
Zero tests in 2008.

There's no future for us in international cricket. Lets focus on the domestic market and withdraw from international cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hard to tell whether you're being facetious, black-comedic here or not. If the latter - do you believe there really is a market for domestic cricket in Pakistan?

Beleg

International Regular
Mostly black-comedic richard. The current situation is, by any standards, a farce.

A market can be generated - Pakistanis, even in the current climate, are cricket mad - and I do believe that each province, on its own, can field an internatioanl standard team which would be competitive against most oppositions.

pup11

International Coach
IMO, Pakistan should seriously consider staging games on nuteral venues until things get a bit stable in the country, they have done it in the past when the situation was not half as bad as it is now, so its about time PCB bites the bullet and take this step.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No Tests at all this year? That's pretty shocking, I hadn't even realised.

Xuhaib

International Coach
IMO, Pakistan should seriously consider staging games on nuteral venues until things get a bit stable in the country, they have done it in the past when the situation was not half as bad as it is now, so its about time PCB bites the bullet and take this step.
Things are not that bad as the media wants the people to believe. Most of the action is happening in Waziristan which is a secluded area of the country and the only way teams can feel threatened if they schedule a game in Peshawar.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
And we think New Zealand play ridiculously low numbers of test each year - even we'll get to double figures this year. Quite incredible for the Pakistanis not to have played a single test in 2008. I tend to agree with Pup11 - at least until security fears ease, for the benefit of Pakistan cricket I'd be inclined to suggest they do play "home" tests at neutral venues.

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
No Tests at all this year? That's pretty shocking, I hadn't even realised.
Me too shocked hearing this!!........ They should dismiss the current PCB and form a new one which will stand for the team and for the game...........

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I tend to agree with Pup11 - at least until security fears ease, for the benefit of Pakistan cricket I'd be inclined to suggest they do play "home" tests at neutral venues.
The trouble is the security fears are unlikely to ease. The security fears have grown out of something which is not a new phenomena, nor something which is likely to get better any time soon.

And as I understand, playing home Tests at neutral venues isn't something that'd help Pakistan very much.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zero tests in 2008.

There's no future for us in international cricket. Lets focus on the domestic market and withdraw from international cricket.
I feel your pain. Your making me feel spoilt and I'm a NZ fan :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Good. Now we won't have to put up with someone getting caught cheating every day of the week.
Thanks for your wonderful contribution to this thread now if you cant write something positive then its better you keep your insightful thoughts to yourself.

pup11

International Coach
The trouble is the security fears are unlikely to ease. The security fears have grown out of something which is not a new phenomena, nor something which is likely to get better any time soon.

And as I understand, playing home Tests at neutral venues isn't something that'd help Pakistan very much.
But.... playing no test cricket at all won't help matters either would they, so its better if PCB stages all their home series at nuteral venues for the time-being.

Xuhaib

International Coach
But.... playing no test cricket at all won't help matters either would they, so its better if PCB stages all their home series at nuteral venues for the time-being.
As much I hate to say this but YES! this is our only option at the current moment.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya offered to host India's Zimbabwe tour but that did not work out. Maybe a similar agreement with Pakistan could help both nations out

pup11

International Coach
Kenya offered to host India's Zimbabwe tour but that did not work out. Maybe a similar agreement with Pakistan could help both nations out
I think if at all PCB choose a neutral venue they would either pick Abu Dhabi or Sharjah as the venues.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member

The current situation is pretty similar to post 9/11 intially. Media painting PAK has hell on earth (even has some PAK supports have highlighted thats not the real case), thus everyone is afraid to go.

When this comes people will go to PAK again.