• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Same mate. Paterson is in the same category as Hendricks & Dala for me. Your above average domestic cricketer.

I can't see Morris going and he doesn't deserve to. I think there are other options now like Pretorius, Mulder, Olivier, Nortje who they will favour.

I've been reading how quite a few county sides are aggressively pursuing Kolpaks which includes Yorkshire who tried to get Olivier. SoI was thinking who are the candidates and Morris, De Bruyn, Behardien,Cook, Pretorius, Piedt, Klaasen who I can think of who qualify with sufficient caps. Morris will be the main one you got to imagine.
Morris' full swinging bowling at the death in these two games means he has something going for him. They just have to figure out how he can be used outside of the last 7 or so...

SeamUp

International Coach
Morris' full swinging bowling at the death in these two games means he has something going for him. They just have to figure out how he can be used outside of the last 7 or so...
Graeme Smith ripped Morris to shreds from no where in test series. Did so again today. He is a player who wants no accountability and wants to be free. Maybe T20 is best for him. There is a T20 WC in Australia 2020

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Smith also pushed Klusener out of the SA side. He is a very private school cliquey type...

Stefan9

International Debutant
For me morris got lucky today. Both wicket balls were in the slot but the batsmen missed it.

Sipamla was great. Shamsi and andile ok. The other 3 dreadfull.

SeamUp

International Coach
Smith also pushed Klusener out of the SA side. He is a very private school cliquey type...
I call it more, knowing what you want to win matches ?

But besides the point. Morris being a strike bowler (there are a few ahead of him now) so they cleary going to.look for stock bowlers that Faf can bank on with set fields.

Bolo

State Captain
I'm distinctly drunk. Watched the last three overs of the game only. Thrilling. Utterly so. I barely care about T20 results at all in general. My mind (not my heart) was actually supporting pakistan here. How interesting was this finish? How much was me being drunk, how much was the fact that we have had basically no tight finishes recently, and how much was it being an objectively great finish?

Rasimione

U19 Captain
That was some of the worst bowling I've seen from South Africa. Dreadful stuff. Dala, Morris, Hendricks and Paterson are not international bowlers. They should be embarrassed with their performances.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
For me morris got lucky today. Both wicket balls were in the slot but the batsmen missed it.

Sipamla was great. Shamsi and andile ok. The other 3 dreadfull.
Nothing exceptional about him on first viewing e.g. pace or build but he bowled to the field he had, and had some variation. Pak were flying when he came on as well and unlike Dala he didn’t wilt. Look forward to seeing more of him.

Also, if the selectors are not going to select Tahir for the 20/20s, can they at least call up another spinner such as Maharaj, Linde or Fortuin? How many good 20/20 outfits have 16 overs of pace anymore? All three of those guys can hold a bat, and in the case of the latter two, open the bowling if needed as well.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Sipamla has never really impressed me as a bowler (high standards and all that), but gets the job done and more importantly thinks about what he is doing. In many ways he does what I wish Andile would do. He is only 20 so could possibly get a bit more gas.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing exceptional about him on first viewing e.g. pace or build but he bowled to the field he had, and had some variation. Pak were flying when he came on as well and unlike Dala he didn’t wilt. Look forward to seeing more of him.

Also, if the selectors are not going to select Tahir for the 20/20s, can they at least call up another spinner such as Maharaj, Linde or Fortuin? How many good 20/20 outfits have 16 overs of pace anymore? All three of those guys can hold a bat, and in the case of the latter two, open the bowling if needed as well.
I don't see them calling up any other spinners. I think they are looking at who they want now and will probably go for a relatively settled squad for the SL series. I really think Markram should be going but he wont be selected, they would have given him more playing chances otherwise.