• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Super League

Niall

International Coach
Ashar looks very promising, with Yasir banned, if he outperforms Wasim and Gohar, he could get a chance for Pakistan soon.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Bad decision to pick Tamim. Soumya Sarkar or Mahmudullah or Sabbir would have been better picks from BD.
Yeah I agree despite that Tamim got a fifty today. If they were looking for an opener, Soumya would have been better choice. Tamim wastes way too many deliveries.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I agree despite that Tamim got a fifty today. If they were looking for an opener, Soumya would have been better choice. Tamim wastes way too many deliveries.
Yeah I knew when I saw the score later, my post would sound silly. When I made that post, he was 4 from 17. Still his innings wasn't really great and it was only successful because of the overall low standard of batting.

Ashar looks very promising, with Yasir banned, if he outperforms Wasim and Gohar, he could get a chance for Pakistan soon.
Yes mighty impressed. The team is desperate for a good spinner in LO. That's been one of the missing links since Ajmal and Hafeez got banned. And even if Yasir was available, his record in LO wasn't great. Nawaz is another one I am impressed by.

the scores are pretty low so far
Umm you know the ****ty batsmen in your ****ty team right? What did you expect?

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Btw Niall, based on a combination of my sixth sense, murmurs on the street, the direction of the wind, the shape of the clouds, Malik will be LO captain in a year's time..perhaps T20 captain once you know who retires. What do you say? are you hearing the same murmurs?

Niall

International Coach
Btw Niall, based on a combination of my sixth sense, murmurs on the street, the direction of the wind, the shape of the clouds, Malik will be LO captain in a year's time..perhaps T20 captain once you know who retires. What do you say? are you hearing the same murmurs?
Yeah, Malik is the obvious choice isn't it? Harsh maybe on Azhar, but he has some tough limited overs tours as captain coming up, so whether right or wrong, you' be very brave in betting him to be in the side let alone as captain.

Sarfraz is the only other other option that may be discussed, but doubt he has the same power in the dressing room and behind the scenes as that of Malik.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
But he just cemented his place for 2 more years. His sugar daddy was under pressure, but now will start backing him again.

Burner

International Regular
A few years ago I thought that Shehzad would go on to become a gun alongside the top batsmen today. Sad that it all went awry.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Billings always seems a little overhyped when he bats. Running himself out whilst batting with Misbah isn't going to do him any favours. Least his keeping was impressive last game.

Don't think Misbah massive shuffling of the batting order helps Islamabad much.

Ravdog always impressive - even with the keeper standing back which seems to defeat the purpose of Ravi's bowling.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Vince has had a horrid tournament so far. Seems bogged down in every game.
He's batted like Bell. Middled a load straight to the fielder and then poor against spin. He always seems to be aiming at that cover position . A little too predictable. Also not convinced about him off the pads- whenever they stray onto his pads he seems to miss the ball a lot - so don't know if that's technical or just sample size.