• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Super League 2017

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Pakistan Super League: Luke Wright pulls out of final in Lahore, citing safety fears - BBC Sport

Can't say I blame them in all honesty. I understand the PCB wanting to bring something back to Pakistan to give them a break from the terror (kinda like what the Euro's did in Paris, I guess?) but I feel it's just too early for it to happen. Foreign stars ,particularly non-asian stars, were never going to travel to the game. Even commentary teams have pulled out of going.

I really hope the PCB and the Pakistani authorities can pull this off safely as it may show signs that they have learnt from the fiasco in 2009 with the Sri Lankan team bus and chip away at some of the fear of travelling and the lack of trust in the Pakistani authorities.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great to see that PCB invited the man who drove the Sri Lankans to safety to watch the match. Bloke needs a job though apparently, I think he'd much rather that. WAG anyways. If he panicked or froze I don't see how anyone would've got out alive.

_Ed_

So great that they were able to play the final in Pakistan without any incidents.

Hopefully international cricket can return there one day.

Daemon

Apparently Narine hit 11 sixes in the 64 balls he faced this tournament. Crazy. Dude is such a Ashwinesque skinnyfat bloke, didn't think he had it in him. Opened the batting for a BBL side as well didn't he?