• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Actually the BCCI has had a secret dossier on Miandad ever since that last ball 6 in Sharjah. :)

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
here is what my opinion in this issue is... it is my opinion people are welcome to dissagree
While you are high up there on your soapbox why not blame Bush for starting the "War on Terror" on those 'peaceful' Al Qaida chaps and then arm-twisting Pakistan in the mess too. Thus resulting in all those canceled tours.

Oh wait a minute...........maybe the BCCI got Bush to arm-twist Pakistan.

Evil Evil BCCI . :dry:

funnygirl

State Regular
At last some good news for pakistan. YK is the new captain.And the constant whiner Miandad is leaving .What more u want ?

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
in media and on papers BCCI showes that they are a strong supporter of PcB.. but in reality they their worst enemy..
here is the reason why i believe that.. BCCI wants PCB to be under his power.. they want PCB to have financial probelms so they can come and ask them for the help.. in return what BCCI wants is to ban all ICL players from Playing international cricket for pakistan.
Even if we assume all that CRAP you say is somewhat true, then in that case all Pakistan had to do to get out of jail was to throw 2 guys out of the team and they would be back in business. The sun would be shining. Australia SA, NZ and England would be jumping up and down to tour Pakistan and money would be pouring down the PCB coffers.

But the PCB thought that "Nah Razzaq and Yusuf are bigger than the future of Pakistan Cricket, hence Bugger Off BCCI" ???

Boy is that real la-la land stuff.

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
Okay we get the point. But who is really responsible for those cancellations ? I hope you dont blame BCCI for the tours that were canceled by other countries.

Two Questions :-

a. Why should BCCI force other nations to send their players to Pakistan esp when the security arrangements are not in their control ?

b. Do you read any newpaper, watch any news in any form, because If you did, you would have noticed that BCCI have always tried to persuade other countries to tour Pakistan.

In Reality or In your opinion ?

So which other country had its best players signed for ICL ? As far as Yousuf is concerned, the guy has NO Integrity of any kind. His Integrity start/ends with money. He has not made any sacrifice for anyone except for himself. While I respect his right to earn money whichever way he decides to, I have no respect for his character.
i never said BCCI is responsible for those canceled tours.. i just think that if BCCI wanted they would tour pakistan..that is how much power they have..

BCCI is/was within its rights to play/refuse any meaningless series except if it was part of the FTP.
we are talking about canceled tours no mater what kind is.. no mater what kind of series or match it is.. both counties end up with money.. after a series or match..considering that we are talking about financial problem.. it helps to mention it.

While you are high up there on your soapbox why not blame Bush for starting the "War on Terror" on those 'peaceful' Al Qaida chaps and then arm-twisting Pakistan in the mess too. Thus resulting in all those canceled tours.

Oh wait a minute...........maybe the BCCI got Bush to arm-twist Pakistan.

Evil Evil BCCI . :dry:
i don't wana talk about politics here... so stop it.. if you don't have anything to say regarding cricket.. just don't bother commenting..

Even if we assume all that CRAP you say is somewhat true, then in that case all Pakistan had to do to get out of jail was to throw 2 guys out of the team and they would be back in business. The sun would be shining. Australia SA, NZ and England would be jumping up and down to tour Pakistan and money would be pouring down the PCB coffers.

But the PCB thought that "Nah Razzaq and Yusuf are bigger than the future of Pakistan Cricket, hence Bugger Off BCCI" ???

Boy is that real la-la land stuff.
First of all you r talking about two different issues and geting two issues mixed.. while i have said that BCCI wants to to have PCB under their control and make sure pakistan keep those playes who play in ICL ban. i have never said that this has to do with tours being canceled.. i think u should read the post first..before you comment..

Precambrian

Banned
You cannot simply go on blaming BCCI and yet burrow your head in the sand as regards to the political reasons behind them.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
i never said BCCI is responsible for those canceled tours.. i just think that if BCCI wanted they would tour pakistan..that is how much power they have..
So here, according to you BCCI can force Eng, Aus, SA & NZ to tour Pakistan.

i don't wana talk about politics here... so stop it.. if you don't have anything to say regarding cricket.. just don't bother commenting..
So you don't don't blame the BCCI for America's arm-twisting Pakistan? Have you made up your mind on that issue?

First of all you r talking about two different issues and geting two issues mixed.. while i have said that BCCI wants to to have PCB under their control and make sure pakistan keep those playes who play in ICL ban. i have never said that this has to do with tours being canceled.. I think u should read the post first..before you comment..
Hey don't start changing your story. YOU first said BCCI wants the PCB under their control because they want PCB to throw out Razzaq and Yusuf. Or are you changing your story now? Do the BCCI have other interests in the PCB that you have not invented so far? Do you want a few more minutes to think it up??

Then as you have clearly mentioned above the BCCI could have made the tours happen if they wanted.

So all PCB had to do was throw out Razzaq and Yusuf and everything would have been hunky dory. The BCCI would have forced Eng, Aus, SA & NZ to tour Pakistan and the PCB would have gotten themselves out of their financial mess.

But the PCB have not thrown out Razzaq and Yusuf, so it means that to them these two chappies are more important than the whole of Pakistan Cricket

funnygirl

State Regular
I think Akhtar's exclusion is more for his current form than his fitness .He didn't break down in the ODI series.

haroon510

International 12th Man
So here, according to you BCCI can force Eng, Aus, SA & NZ to tour Pakistan.

So you don't don't blame the BCCI for America's arm-twisting Pakistan? Have you made up your mind on that issue?

Hey don't start changing your story. YOU first said BCCI wants the PCB under their control because they want PCB to throw out Razzaq and Yusuf. Or are you changing your story now? Do the BCCI have other interests in the PCB that you have not invented so far? Do you want a few more minutes to think it up??

Then as you have clearly mentioned above the BCCI could have made the tours happen if they wanted.

So all PCB had to do was throw out Razzaq and Yusuf and everything would have been hunky dory. The BCCI would have forced Eng, Aus, SA & NZ to tour Pakistan and the PCB would have gotten themselves out of their financial mess.

But the PCB have not thrown out Razzaq and Yusuf, so it means that to them these two chappies are more important than the whole of Pakistan Cricket
exactly..BCCI has enough power to run ICC.. and if they can do that.. they could make any country tour any country..

look now if you wana bring America in this topic.. you are forcing me to talk about politics and i simply don't wana talk about politics.. because i know if do. most of you won't like it and they might end up closing this thread since it wont' be regarding cricket..so lets stick to cricket here..

i never said specifically yousuf and razzaq.. i said players like razzaq and yousuf.. and including all of those who are playing in ICL.. i just give razzaq and yousuf as example...i just think i can't believe pcb is stupied enought to go with this ICL crap ban while players like razzaq and yousuf could offer them soo much.. specially at this moment.. that was the only reason i supported Javid Maindad because i thought there won't be any ICL ban considering that he talked publicaly against it..

i never meant what you wrote up there..i said PCB is being controled by BCCI and BCCI wants PCB under their control for as long as it is possible..they want to control PCB for many reasons.. one of the reason is ICL.. they want PCB to ban any players who play ICL... BCCI is bailing PCB out and supporting them for their political reason.. they are not doing it for the cricket cause.. now you make whatever judgment you want out of that.. but that is what i meant..

i never said that if PCB leave razzaq and yousuf out of the team... other countries would tour pakistan.. to you it might sound like that since you r lacking the ability of rational thinking..but i never meant it that way..

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
look now if you wana bring America in this topic.. you are forcing me to talk about politics and i simply don't wana talk about politics.. because i know if do. most of you won't like it and they might end up closing this thread since it wont' be regarding cricket..so lets stick to cricket here..
Hey don't make threats about posting stuff that will lead to closing the thread. Whether the BCCI had a hand in America's War on Terror is a "yes or no" question. You either think "yes they did" or "no they did not".

i never said specifically yousuf and razzaq.. i said players like razzaq and yousuf.. and including all of those who are playing in ICL.. i just give razzaq and yousuf as example
So your statement "players like Yusuf and Razzaq" DOES NOT specifically include Yusuf & Razzaq. So who DOES it include?? Silly me for thinking that Yusuf & Razzaq would refer to Yusuf & Razzaq.

i just think i can't believe pcb is stupied enought to go with this ICL crap ban while players like razzaq and yousuf could offer them soo much
Well it seems like I will have to spell it out for you, because I have already posted this twice and you don't seem to get any of it.

1. BCCI wants PCB under their influence.
2. The reason why BCCI wants PCB under their influence is because they want PCB to ban certain Yusufs and Razzaqs.
3. If the PCB ban these Yusufs and Razzaqs, it will get in the good books of the BCCI.
4. If the PCB is in the good books of the BCCI then the BCCI can force Aus, NZ, SA & Eng to tour Pakistan.
5. If these countries tour Pakistan, then there will be a lot of cricket in Pakistan.
6. If there is such a lot of cricket in Pakistan then PCB will make a lot of money.
7. The PCB will invest all this money back into Pakistan to improve the game of cricket.

BUT

1. The PCB does not want to ban these Yusufs and Razzaqs.
2. These two players are very important.
3. The PCB would rather face the next 5 years (or however long this War on Terror goes along) without ANY cricket.
4. Therefore what you are saying is that these Yusufs & Razzaqs are worth more than the future of Pakistan Cricket.

Makes perfect sense.

specially at this moment.. that was the only reason i supported Javid Maindad because i thought there won't be any ICL ban considering that he talked publicaly against it..
This supports my statement above that You feel that Yusufs & Razzaqs are worth more than the future of Pakistan cricket.

i never meant what you wrote up there..i said PCB is being controled by BCCI and BCCI wants PCB under their control for as long as it is possible..they want to control PCB for many reasons.. one of the reason is ICL.. they want PCB to ban any players who play ICL... BCCI is bailing PCB out and supporting them for their political reason.. they are not doing it for the cricket cause.. now you make whatever judgment you want out of that.. but that is what i meant..
Poor misunderstood you.......

So the PCB is being controlled by the BCCI who want the PCB to ban Yusufs & Razzaqs. You mention that the BCCI is not supporting the PCB for the cricket cause, but for political reasons. You then mention "many reasons". What are these many reasons? Please elaborate.

i never said that if PCB leave razzaq and yousuf out of the team... other countries would tour pakistan.. to you it might sound like that since you r lacking the ability of rational thinking..but i never meant it that way..
Why not, because as you said the BCCI wants the PCB to ban these Yusufs and Razzaqs, if the PCB ban them then there should be no reason why the BCCI (as you said) should not force everyone to tour Pakistan. Is there something that I have missed in you great conspiracy theory?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Court suspends PCB ban on ICL players

ICL players can now take part in domestic cricket tournaments in Pakistan. Obviously a legal action to address International cricket is next. Ironically, it may not matter as Pakistani players/teams may be unwanted in India due to the current tensions between the two countries.