• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

Evermind

International Debutant
As stupid it may sound, why is it such a mess? In that it is easy to say corruption or putting their own self interests first, but more at trying to understand Pakistani culture or way of thinking. Not meant to sound patronising, but trying to get to the core of the matter and understand why things happen and the reasoning behind it.
It's a mess because Miandad, the PCB director, is a corrupt, dishonest **** in bed with a well-known terrorist, and favouritism of all sorts is known to be rampant in the PCB. I'd be very surprised if it worked well, given there're ****heads like him around. The PCB is as corrupt and vile as the government.

Fusion

Global Moderator
It's a mess because Miandad, the PCB director, is a corrupt, dishonest **** in bed with a well-known terrorist, and favouritism of all sorts is known to be rampant in the PCB. I'd be very surprised if it worked well, given there're ****heads like him around. The PCB is as corrupt and vile as the government.
I was never a fan of Miandad the coach/administrator, but please expand on how he’s a “corrupt, dishonest ****”. His association with Dawood through family marriage has been discussed on other threads before. I don’t think it makes him a terrorist, but there’s no point in arguing more on the subject as it’s unlikely to change any minds. You may have very valid criticisms of Pakistan cricket that we can discuss, but your tone is so offensive that I would automatically dismiss anything you post. Here are some examples of what I'm talking about:

i will be rooting for pakistan to never play international cricket regardless of whether they get their **** together. good riddance to cheats and chuckers. :laugh:
To me, Miandad's achievements, for example, mean very little - he's in bed with India's most wanted terrorist. Who knows how he achieved what he did: through talent or coercion?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Doesn't make Miandad a terrorist. Makes him a terrorist sympathiser, though.
That point can be made, though I certainly disagree. Anyway, I don’t want to derail the thread into politics so I’ll leave it at that.

Evermind

International Debutant
That point can be made, though I certainly disagree. Anyway, I don’t want to derail the thread into politics so I’ll leave it at that.

The Dawood-Miandad Marriage

If you really think Miandad is not a terrorist sympathiser after reading that article, I don't know what to say. This is my last post on this topic of Miandad/Dawood because it makes me physically ill to talk about it.

Fusion

Global Moderator

The Dawood-Miandad Marriage

If you really think Miandad is not a terrorist sympathiser after reading that article, I don't know what to say. This is my last post on this topic of Miandad/Dawood because it makes me physically ill to talk about it.
From the article you posted, Miandad stated:

"My wife and Dawood's wife are like sisters and his wife is in fact a relative of my mother". To yet another query about his future daughter-in-law, the cricketer said his family members have chosen a well mannered, educated, religious girl like any other parent would do.”

Miandad first met Dawood during his mafia days when he used to host the who’s who of Mumbai (including famous Bollywood stars) at his lavish Dubai parties. As he states, he is also a relative to Dawood’s wife. Is it not conceivable that Miandad’s family (specially the son) may have grown to love Dawood’s daughter and thought to include her in their family? The father’s crimes do not make the children guilty do they? So they became in-laws. To me, that does not automatically mean that Miandad agrees with Dawood’s criminal activities. Though to be fair, I can definitely understand if others think that way.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i dont know i just think this whole thing has to do with ICL and BCCI issues.. that is my personal believe.. BCCI put pressure on PCB.. and PCB on Javid Miandad.. Javid thought instead of geting sacked.. this is the respected way to go.

Fusion

Global Moderator
i dont know i just think this whole thing has to do with ICL and BCCI issues.. that is my personal believe.. BCCI put pressure on PCB.. and PCB on Javid Miandad.. Javid thought instead of geting sacked.. this is the respected way to go.
Haroon, you think EVERYTHING is the BCCI's fault.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Haroon, you think EVERYTHING is the BCCI's fault.
off course.. the recent politics proved it.. back in Nov/Dec after mumbai attack... considering the nature of west toward terriost attacks.. there was no way u would find any English man in india.. let alone English players.. we are talking about English Umpires and Commentators.. the way England toured with their full strength team.. is Suspicious.. considering that each and everyone on that team commented that they are not going to tour India again..some people may think it was miracle.. but money, power and politics is bigger than Miracles..

Fusion

Global Moderator
off course.. the recent politics proved it.. back in Nov/Dec after mumbai attack... considering the nature of west toward terriost attacks.. there was no way u would find any English man in india.. let alone English players.. we are talking about English Umpires and Commentators.. the way England toured with their full strength team.. is Suspicious.. considering that each and everyone on that team commented that they are not going to tour India again..some people may think it was miracle.. but money, power and politics is bigger than Miracles..
What did England, or any other country, not touring Pakistan have to do with BCCI? If anything, BCCI was Pakistan’s biggest supporter during the Champions Trophy debate. It it wasn’t for their influence, the CT would’ve simply been moved instead of postponed from Pakistan. You can argue that the teams who refused to tour Pakistan but toured India are being hypocritical. But money talks. Simple as that. India can offer more financially and socially than Pakistan can. Again, I don’t see how that makes BCCI evil. It just means its powerful enough to look out for the country’s interest. Don’t you wish PCB was the same way?

haroon510

International 12th Man
What did England, or any other country, not touring Pakistan have to do with BCCI? If anything, BCCI was Pakistan’s biggest supporter during the Champions Trophy debate. It it wasn’t for their influence, the CT would’ve simply been moved instead of postponed from Pakistan. You can argue that the teams who refused to tour Pakistan but toured India are being hypocritical. But money talks. Simple as that. India can offer more financially and socially than Pakistan can. Again, I don’t see how that makes BCCI evil. It just means its powerful enough to look out for the country’s interest. Don’t you wish PCB was the same way?
BCCI is guilty for using that power to Manipulate the system..and ICC is more guilty for leting them do that..it is one thing that BCCI use thier power for the interest of thier country.. but to use it in issues such as ICL.. Cricket board issues such as the removal of Arjuna Ranatunga.. is the best example of a manipulatinh power of BCCI.. add Javid Maindad on that list also..as cricket board you talk against BCCI and the next thing you know your job is on the line..if that isn't being evil and bad then what it is..

Evermind

International Debutant
Ah yes, the saintly, respectable, noble, but poor old Miandad, forced to resign after selfless service in the name of cricket.

Evermind

International Debutant
All that said, the BCCI is as spineless as the PCB, though because of money it hasn't been reduced to the same morally bankrupt and hopelessly corrupt state as the PCB.

I believe the story about Miandad's "resignation" as much as I believe Asif's little "mistakes" and the shtick about WMDs in Iraq. The blatant insincerity is pretty sickening.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
BCCI is guilty for using that power to Manipulate the system..and ICC is more guilty for leting them do that..it is one thing that BCCI use thier power for the interest of thier country.. but to use it in issues such as ICL.. Cricket board issues such as the removal of Arjuna Ranatunga.. is the best example of a manipulatinh power of BCCI.. add Javid Maindad on that list also..as cricket board you talk against BCCI and the next thing you know your job is on the line..if that isn't being evil and bad then what it is..
Thoughts like above are Perfect reason why Pakistan Cricket is suffering. First Ignore that there is a problem, when it is impossible to ignore it....hen cover up..and when it is impossible to cover up..Blame others and look away...

As sad as it is, PCB is a joke, current Pakistani senior cricketers are joke too. I just feel sorry for the youngsters coming into the side.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Thoughts like above are Perfect reason why Pakistan Cricket is suffering. First Ignore that there is a problem, when it is impossible to ignore it....hen cover up..and when it is impossible to cover up..Blame others and look away...

As sad as it is, PCB is a joke, current Pakistani senior cricketers are joke too. I just feel sorry for the youngsters coming into the side.
excus me..what problem do you see with my comment? can you adress it plz?
but let me tell you the only problem i see is you and your stupied comments.. tell me what problem do you see in my comments? first of all i have my opinion and i have the right to think based on my judgment whatever seems right to me .... as far as my understanding goes everything that i have said about BCCI is right.. that is my opinion if you can't take it then shut the f up.. and u can learn to ignore it..

lets just be clear.. i am not taking Javid's side.. i just think that there has to be some explanation for what he did and i strongly believe this has to do with ICL comment of him..

the only reason i kind of supported Javid was that.. there was a chance of him bringing guys like yousuf and razzaq from icl which pakistan need desperatly at this moment..apparently the same mind set made the guy lose his job..

Evermind

International Debutant
First Ignore that there is a problem, when it is impossible to ignore it....hen cover up..and when it is impossible to cover up..Blame others and look away...
Ah...a problem not just limited to its cricket board, is it?

haroon510

International 12th Man
Right..There has to be some explanation !! Either This :-

Or This :-

OR this :-

so you bring a couple of pictures from the past that has happend almost 20 years ago.. to prove some point? by the way what point are you trying to prove? and yet you call yourself some kind of Genious and supper smart.. you have no reason and no way to prove me wrong in regards of what i said about BCCI..lets talk about that..instead of puting random pictures there..

hey i could go and find afew pictures of Sunil Gavasker involved in incidents such as this and put there as well just to get back at you.. and afew of his racist comments against African cricketers from west Indies.. since we are hiting the hight of these phenomenas. because you have nothing else to say to me..

Precambrian

Banned
For all the **** that is BCCI, PCB would have been dead and buried but for their timely monetary assistances. Talk about stabbing from behind or whatever.