• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan agree to Woolmer match

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seems like the decent thing to do, I dislike the idea that the game is a Twenty20 match though.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Seems like the decent thing to do, I dislike the idea that the game is a Twenty20 match though.
Best way to do it imo, playing a test is out of the option tbh and who would want Bob Woolmer's name honoured with a dour ODI match?

A Twenty20 match will bring in more money, take less of the players time and be played more in a celebratory spirit than you would get with an ODI or test match.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I sort of see both sides. A Twenty20 does seem a bit of a cheap offhand in some ways, but equally the important thing is not the cricket but the man. Therefore if it's a not-too-important game (which a Twenty20 is to me) maybe it places more emphasis on what should be emphasised - ie a wonderful life of a wonderful cricket person. :)

open365

International Vice-Captain
Is there going to be any trophies named after him? I think it'd be fitting if the winner of the test series between Pakistan and England won the Bob Woolmer trophy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That'd be a fantastic idea, really. Rather like the D'Oliveira Trophy, Bob was a son of the game and of both teams.

It's almost worth having some sort of online rally to suggest the idea.