• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak tour of India in trouble!!

wahindiawah

Banned
Sena threatens to disrupt Indo-Pak ODI in Delhi
Press Trust of India
New Delhi, January 21

Delhi Shiv Sena on Thursday threatened to disrupt the proposed One-Day International cricket match between India and Pakistan at the Ferozeshah Kotla "at any cost".

It says it would be a "deception" to have sporting links with Islamabad till the time it puts an end to terrorist activities in the country.

Asserting that the people of India will not accept such matches in the name of creating goodwill in the midst of bloodletting on the country's borders, Sena's Delhi unit president Jai Bhagwan Goyal said in a statement that "we will not allow the one day cricket match in Delhi at any cost".

Sena activists had dug the pitch at the Ferozeshah Kotla ground in the capital on January 6, 1999 ahead of a similar match when Pakistan toured India last time

wahindiawah

Banned
Interetingly a month back Sena's spokeman said that they have no objection to Pak tour, i can't understand their U-turn now :-O

masterblaster

International Captain
Live and Let Live is what I say, I don't know why people object to these sorts of things. It waste's everyone's time and it wastes their's too.

Let them come, let them play and let them go. There's no need for people to be uptight about everything in life. This is just a self inflicted problem, which doesnt even deserve to be classified as a problem.

wahindiawah

Banned
But there is a small problem, i wanted to watch the Indo-Pak match in Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Pak team has been avoiding to play at Mumbai coz of Sena's threat. However i was happy to read Javed Miandad's statement a few days back who had advocated the inclusion of Wankhede venue in the schedule as Miandad had himself met Shiv Sena's chief at his home a few months back who had told Miandad that he had no objection to Pak tour.

But now i think i will never be able to watch an Indo-Pak match in Mumbai :@

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This political party destroyed the replica of the Worlc Cup 1983 trophy which India had won and was in the BCCI office in Mumbai and dug up the pitch before Pakistan toured India a few years ago.

Pathetic politics.

Also, I doubt the series will come into jeopardy. Take these threats as a publicity stunt more than any thing else.

Sehwag309

Banned
wahindiawah said:
But there is a small problem, i wanted to watch the Indo-Pak match in Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Pak team has been avoiding to play at Mumbai coz of Sena's threat. However i was happy to read Javed Miandad's statement a few days back who had advocated the inclusion of Wankhede venue in the schedule as Miandad had himself met Shiv Sena's chief at his home a few months back who had told Miandad that he had no objection to Pak tour.

But now i think i will never be able to watch an Indo-Pak match in Mumbai :@

Not in this LIFE< unless Shiv Sena move outta India (patheitc B***ards)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
wahindiawah said:
Interetingly a month back Sena's spokeman said that they have no objection to Pak tour, i can't understand their U-turn now :-O
Having lost the state elections and with their party in disarray with internal power struggle and the Thackrey family feuds, they , probably, are clutching at some issues to divert attention from their pitiable situation.

I disagree that they will be able to prevent matches in delhi. A match will not be played in Delhi because there is no way the Feroze Shah Kotla is going to be ready on time. Shiv Sena knows this and will be happy, when the match is resceduled, to say that they managed to stop the match being played. Otherwise they could have picked up any of the other venues. Its not as if they are a party that counts in Delhi. They have never won any elections in Delhi in the entire history of the country and no one cares for Bala Saheb in Delhi.

I should know, I have lived in Delhi for 35 years and am a life member of the Cricket Association of Delhi, the DDCA, which runs all cricket in the capital.

Choora

State Regular
Sehwag309 said:

Its shameful isn't it? Mumbai fans gets deprived of cricket match because of someone's foolishness.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Abotu Mumbai not getting a match, the answer is simple- rotation of venues.
They do good things such as building flyovers all over the city, speeding up traffic. Then they also do such things as digging up cricket pitches.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shiv Sena Does Not Build Fly Overs !! The Government Of Maharastra Does !!

Deja moo

International Captain
Actually, the BMC ( Bombay Municipal Corporation ) does, and the Shiv Sena have been the majority there for donkeys years now.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Actually, the BMC ( Bombay Municipal Corporation ) does, and the Shiv Sena have been the majority there for donkeys years now.
Still. Its not the party that does it. It is the corporation and it is with public money. All they or any other party in power does is to misappropriate part of the funds, take bribes from the builders and ensure sub standard quality of construction !!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
You are wrong !!

The flyovers are built by MSRDC (Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation) which comes under the state Government.

The 50 Flyovers Project ( Mumbai Traffic Improvement Mega - Project )

INTRODUCTION
In Mumbai city there is a urgent need to cater for the traffic specially quick entry and exit from the city. The industrialisation and growth of traffic has resulted into congestion which has raised the pollution at various traffic junctions.

MSRDC was given the task of improving the current traffic conditions by the Maharashtra Government. MSRDC has aimed to alleviate the traffic congestion in the city of Bombay or Mumbai by constructing 50 flyovers. The attempt is to maintain a highway character of the important roads in the city and also to reduce congestion at key junctions.

APPROACH
Flyovers are located on major traffic corridors, namely:-

Sion - Panvel Expressway
Western Express Highway
Eastern Express Highway
Major roads in Mumbai city

The flyovers are planned with a corridor development approach. This fast corridor will make it possible to move from Thane, Vashi or Borivali and reach South Mumbai faster.

http://www.msrdc.org/projects/50flyovers.html

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Okay okay..I didnt vote for them, if thats any consolation !
:p

Relax. I just dont think this is the thread to try to justify Shiv Sena's ridiculous attitude towards Indo=Pak cricket by trying to enumerate their achievements in any other field.

It is like justifying terrorists and their killing of innocents by saying, they are also very good husbands and sons or patriots

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
:p

Relax. I just dont think this is the thread to try to justify Shiv Sena's ridiculous attitude towards Indo=Pak cricket by trying to enumerate their achievements in any other field.

It is like justifying terrorists and their killing of innocents by saying, they are also very good husbands and sons or patriots

Bal Thackeray has a history of flip flops.

I remember how excited he appeared to have Michael Jackson visit his house, and barely a year later he wanted a ban on foreign artists performing in Mumbai.

Then the assurance to Javed Miandad that the SS wouldnt protest an India-Pakistan match in Mumbai, followed by this.

I wonder if he is growing that beard he promised to not shave off until his party won the state elections !