• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Over The Fence

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
What happens when the ball goes flying over the fence? Who has to fetch it? What happens to the batsman? Post your thoughts here.

Yours in cricket

Lach.

Greeny

Cricket Spectator
The batsman is out but it dont matter,

turns out you broke a window so u hav to run away from your neighbours.

Bravoman

Cricket Spectator
6 and out rule. If it goes over the fence of somebody you don't know, then the batter usually takes a mate or two for support.
"Hi, I was wondering if I could snoop around in your back yard for a while? No, you don't know me..."

Michael

Cricket Spectator
Yeh basic 6 and out and the batter gets it. I hate it when you jump the fence and the person who lives there is out the back!

Rich

Cricket Spectator
Usually, if it goes over the fence, the batsman is out. There was one exception though,
when my friend hit it and it flew over the fence and through the neighbour's open window and landed in their living room.
I decided that he shouldn't be out for pulling off such a brilliant (and hilarious) stunt. That was
a bad move though, as he went off to make 103. I replied with 64.

[Edited on 10/22/01 by Rich]

[Edited on 10/22/01 by Rich]

§hortŸ

Cricket Spectator
6 and out? 6 and in! whats this about gettin the ball? u wanna stop playing cricket, annoy ur neighbours only to find out it went over their fence as well? hell no, i have at least 5 balls. when they run out, well,,,, you hav a problem.

[Edited on 10/22/01 by Lach]

Barney

Cricket Spectator
Mate ya got it all wrong, unless ya have another tennis ball you jump the fence make sure they don't have a vicious dog and go and grab the ball.

btw you are out. and the batter gets it unless it was a really really crappy bowl.

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
6 and out which was lucky as one time I was on 95 n.o and I hit it over but I claimed my ton. ;)

master m

Cricket Spectator
I PLAY IF YA HIT IT OVER THE FENCE AND YA CAN GET IT BAK U AINT OUT WHY 6 N OUT THATS CRAPY U HIT IT OVER U GET IT BAK U STILL IN :P

sunburnt_spinner

Cricket Spectator
Six and out, batter gets it.

Why is that the next door neighbour is always such a tool. The common backyard cricket neighbour stereotype is grumpy old fart who spends most of their time listening to crap music and they got flowers and vegetables throughout their entire back yard. Either that or they got grass that long its like a recon mission to find ya ball before they see you.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
the problem with six and out in ma couisys house cos if u do a drive over the bowlers head thats a bit to powerful ure out over the fence!!