• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Over by 30 XI

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Gary Gilmour the first that came to mind for me (other than those who died tragically young) - was finished as a First Class cricketer by the time he was 27.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Stan McCabe and Greg Blewett played their last Tests at 28.

Simon O'Donnell retired from ODI at 28 (played last test at 22)

Sydney Barnes and Kim Hughes played their last Test at 30

Last edited:

Flametree

International 12th Man
On reading the thread I thought Stewie Dempster, who did indeed play his last test by 30, but he played for various sides in England up to the war so he doesn't count.

I was surprised to learn that after the war he came back to New Zealand and was picked for a test, but he was injured and couldn't play. Probably a good thing. The other oldies who played after the war generally did their records no favours...

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Stan McCabe and Greg Blewett played their last Tests at 28.

Simon O'Donnell retired from ODI at 28 (played last test at 22)

Sydney Barnes and Kim Hughes played their last Test at 30
Barnes was 32 in his last Test (assuming you mean Sid Barnes: Sydney Barnes the English bowler was 40).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
1. Archie Jackson
2. Phil Hughes
3. Duleep
4. Bob Cowper
5. Craig Kieswetter
6. Collie Smith (5)
7. Ken Wadsworth+
8. Gary Gilmour (4)
9. Frank Tyson (1)
10. Ken Farnes (3)