• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympics turn Britain into the new Nazi Germany

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
The French have also started questioning our wins at the Olympics. They think there is something dodgy going on. The frogs are green with envy.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty ironic that Moz has been attacked for being a little Englander in the past.
Yeah would have thought he'd be eating this up. Although I guess the success hasn't extended to the boxing ring...

Burgey

The French have also started questioning our wins at the Olympics. They think there is something dodgy going on. The frogs are green with envy.
How many gold had Pakistan won?

People always question golds won by other countries. It's hilarious to see people from England questioning track athletes from OS like Steve Cramm did yesterday when their own athletes are dominating that paragon of sporting virtue called cycling.

It's the same in the pool when you hear our idiotic commentators bagging the kid from China improving her time so massively, yet making no comment on Rice doing the same in Beijing four years earlier.

flibbertyjibber

People always question golds won by other countries. It's hilarious to see people from England questioning track athletes from OS like Steve Cramm did yesterday when their own athletes are dominating that paragon of sporting virtue called cycling.

It's the same in the pool when you hear our idiotic commentators bagging the kid from China improving her time so massively, yet making no comment on Rice doing the same in Beijing four years earlier.
Are you saying our cycling team are on something?

Burgey

Are you saying our cycling team are on something?
My personal view is every professional cyclist is on something.

That'll get you going because you've been the HonestBahrani of the UK when it's come to these Olympics, but the point I was making is you can't have a crack at the athletes from one country who lift their performances and do great things, but just turn around when someone from your own country does it and say "oh, what a great, uplifting effort".

And everyone does it.

flibbertyjibber

My personal view is every professional cyclist is on something.

That'll get you going because you've been the HonestBahrani of the UK when it's come to these Olympics, but the point I was making is you can't have a crack at the athletes from one country who lift their performances and do great things, but just turn around when someone from your own country does it and say "oh, what a great, uplifting effort".

And everyone does it.
Fair enough if you think ALL cyclists are on something. I am always of the opinion that the drug tests will eventually catch anyone on them and if they have been then strip them of their titles.

I have defended the Chinese swimmer, yes I made a sarcastic crack that the Chinese would be within their right to question the US 800m swimmer so I have no idea what you are talking about to be honest.

Since you keep telling us GB only win things sitting down you must be gutted to see us win so many in other events.

Burgey

Fair enough if you think ALL cyclists are on something. I am always of the opinion that the drug tests will eventually catch anyone on them and if they have been then strip them of their titles.

I have defended the Chinese swimmer, yes I made a sarcastic crack that the Chinese would be within their right to question the US 800m swimmer so I have no idea what you are talking about to be honest.

Since you keep telling us GB only win things sitting down you must be gutted to see us win so many in other events.
No not really. It would be a depressing time indeed if a host nation didn't lift for an Olympics.

I don't think you do your best work sitting down, I think you and the Kiwis do it sitting down AND going backwards.

Furball will be pleased to know I'm hailing Scotland as the World's new sporting powerhouse. Think they've got five gold medals so far :)

flibbertyjibber

No not really. It would be a depressing time indeed if a host nation didn't lift for an Olympics.

I don't think you do your best work sitting down, I think you and the Kiwis do it sitting down AND going backwards.

Furball will be pleased to know I'm hailing Scotland as the World's new sporting powerhouse. Think they've got five gold medals so far :)
Yorkshire have a fair few too. :D

cpr

International Coach
First I heard of this was when I saw it on facebook, from a well respected (well...) radio presenter, with the description of Morrissey as a 'humungous thundercu*t'. Can't say it better myself.

TBH, attending the Olympics at Old Trafford on Monday made me very proud to be British. That might be because I was in a stadium with 20,000 North Americans...... Bunch of annoying twunts

Agent Nationaux

International Coach

Outside of cricket, I support England/Britain.

Last edited: