• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic Tennis

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im cut guys, Tommy lost to roddick 9-7 in the 3rd :(
same situation as enqvist against moya, lack of big matches in recent times ment he couldnt take the pressure, its good to see he can match it with the worlds best though.
Also federer lost, i told yas he'd go early :D
with most of the big names gone i think Kiefer is shaping as a very good bet to take gold....

Simon

massive shocks in the tennis, anyone could win this tournament now!
quarter finalists line up as

Tomas BERDYCH v Taylor DENT
Carlos MOYA v Nicolas MASSU
Mardy FISH v Mikhail YOUZHNY
Sebastien GROSJEAN v Fernando GONZALEZ

Moya is the stand out, but there will certainly be surprise medalists. Im tipping Berdych, Moya, Fish and Gonzalez to make the semis with Moya playing Fish in the final. But im still in shock with some of these results!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
massive shocks in the tennis, anyone could win this tournament now!
quarter finalists line up as

Moya is the stand out, but there will certainly be surprise medalists. Im tipping Berdych, Moya, Fish and Gonzalez to make the semis with Moya playing Fish in the final. But im still in shock with some of these results!
HaHa. Broncoman the tennis expert is been clearly blown out of the water.

Molik is a big chance of a medal too.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant

Thats the way i'm going....

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
HENIN-HARDENNE Justine - PIERCE Mary
KUZNETSOVA Svetlana - MAURESMO Amelie
MYSKINA Anastasia - SCHIAVONE Francesca
SUGIYAMA Ai - MOLIK Alicia

Molik is a huge chance of a medal imo too, playing very well at the moment.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
thewizard1o1 said:
HENIN-HARDENNE Justine - PIERCE Mary
KUZNETSOVA Svetlana - MAURESMO Amelie
MYSKINA Anastasia - SCHIAVONE Francesca
SUGIYAMA Ai - MOLIK Alicia

Molik is a huge chance of a medal imo too, playing very well at the moment.
Yeah, but the thing about Molik, when everyone starts building up her chances she loses when she should win. I hope she proves me wrong, she is a good player.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Yes, she has had that problem alot in the past, but i just think comming into this event with the win in the tournament a week or two ago behind her she might have the confidence to keep going for her shots. She has been a bit of a female version of the Poo in the past but i'm hoping that her improved mentality holds up.

Simon

every tennis expert has been blown out of the water, no one saw this 8 making up the QF. if you look back to the start of this thread you will see i said the favourites wont win it, but i thought they'd go better than this...
i havent taken much notice of the womens, hopefully molik can bring home a medal for aus....

i think Henin will play myskina in the final, with kuznetsova beating molik for bronze...

Simon

unbelieveable!
Gonzalez vs Fish
Massu vs Dent
the 2 most over rated players, dent and massu will get a shot at a medal, im still in shcok!

Simon

gonzalez or fish have to win it, if one of those other 2 do, im not going to be happy....

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
It's Fish Vs Massu in the mens final.

Henin-Hardenne looks to have Myskina done at 7-5, 4-2. Molik will be up on court shortly.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Well i give up...i thought Henin-Hardenne was home for all money at 7-5, 5-4. with a break but ever since then Myskina has done what ever she liked...5-7, 7-5, 5-2.

Simon

Massu ****ing won, i cant believe it, i look pretty stupid now for saying a week ago he was the worst player in the top 50. He and Gonzales also won the doubles making him the most successful tennis player in olympic history lol, hes still crap, he couldnt even win challeneger tournamens when he played them last year and he does this, unbelieveable!

Also thumbs up to Alicia Molik for claiming our first ever singles medal in tennis when she beat myskina for the bronze, who knows she might actually go on and become a consistent player now!