• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympic Betting

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone have a flutter on the olympics? They have odds for pretty much all the events these days.

Its also a decent way of checking out what the chances of actually winning a medal in the obscure sports is.

For instance the Finn class in Sailing...Ben Ainslie 1-7 anyone else 4-1 :laugh:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was actually gonna start a similar thread, some people here will obviously have more of an idea on some sports than others and come across some tempting odds they'd like to share.

Put some cash into my online account the other day in preperation for the games, not really sure where I'm gonna go first.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I have it on good authority that the $5 on offer on the NZ TAB for the US in the men's showjumping is excellent value.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've had a good look [prices on bet365]

Good for Multi's
Jeremy Wariner 400m athletics $1.50
Natalie Coughlin 100m backstroke $1.61
Kenenisa Bekele 5000m athletics $3.00

Outside chances..
Carolina Kluft long jump $17 and I like Stefan Schumacher $9 in the men's road race tomorrow.

Simon

Im going with a multi of golds for Australia in:
Men's Hockey
Women's Basketball
Steph Rice 400m Ind. Medley

Pays $24.38

_Ed_

Was interested by an email sent around at work that said anyone talking on air about betting on the Olympics can only refer to them as "China" or "China Games".

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Jeremy Wariner 400m athletics $1.50
Unfortunately not the nailed-on cert it looked five months ago.

Kenenisa Bekele 5000m athletics $3.00
That looks like a gimme, on the other hand. Guess there are question marks over his start.

Carolina Kluft long jump $17
Should be more like 60. Think there's about six people with a better season best than her personal best.

Oh, and Mahe Drysdale at $1.85 in the single sculler looks a gift.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I'm not going to touch Kluft, but I'll be interested how she goes, I reckon she'll medal, she's a great competitor.