• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old Timers Reverse Order Draft - Voting

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
There is just one round of voting and all participants are invited to allocate 3 points, 2 points and 1 point to the best 3 teams (other than their own). Voting will remain open until the weekend and outsiders are more than welcome to vote.

CHARTER 77 (Michael)ataraxiatrundlerAndrew B
Bobby AbelAlick Bannerman /Arthur Shrewsbury*Warren Bardsley
Harry JuppHerbie Taylor /Tom HaywardPercy Sherwell+
Billy MurdochVernon Ransford /Charlie Macartney 6Johnny Tyldesley
Phil MeadSyd Gregory /Clem HillWalter Read
Monty Noble (*)Charles Kelleway / oAG Steel 3Jimmy Sinclair
Dick BarlowDave Nourse* / oTip FosterFrank Foster
George HirstReggie Schwarz o /John Selby+Johnny Briggs
Bobby PeelSammy Carter + /Alfred Shaw 4Tom Emmett
Jim Kelly (+)Tom Garrett o /George Lohmann 2James Lillywhite*
Billy MidwinterErnie Jones oBill Lockwood 1Fred Spofforth
S. F. BarnesTed Peate oJames Southerton 5Colin Blythe
Line & LengthCric Zo XI (kingkallis)Fuller PilchJOJOXI
Archie MacLaren /Jack Hobbs /Jack BrownW.G. Grace (p/t - 6)
C.B.Fry /Joe Darling /Percy McDonnellCharles Bannerman
K.S. Ranjitsinhji /George Gunn /Tom HoranAndrew Stoddart
Lord Harris /Frank Iredale /Frank WoolleyThomas Kelly
Aubrey Faulkner /oGeorge Giffen / oWarwick Armstrong (c)Victor Trumper (p/t - 7)
Wilfred Rhodes /oCharles Absolom / oGeorge UlyettStanley Jackson (5)
A.P.Lucas /oAlbert Trott / oGilbert JessopBilly Barnes (3)
Edward Tylecote +Billy Bates o /Dick Lilley (wk)Jack Blackham (wk)
W.Attewell oAlbert Tibby Cotter o \Bert VoglerHugh Trumble (4)
J.T.Hearne oDick Pilling +Tom KendallCharlie Turner (1)
Harry Boyle oFred Morley oJJ FerrisTom Richardson (2)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll kick the voting off by awarding JOJOXI 3 points (a well balanced line-up with some big names; kingkallis 2 points (Hobbs is the key) and trundler 1 point (I like the middle order).

Thanks again to all participants and well done. It certainly wasn't easy filling the final spots.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
JOJOXI wins easily for me: 3 points.
Charter 77 gets 2 points, trundler 1 point (very close battle for 3rd).

JOJOXI

I will try to select in the next 24 hours, a few players that I will need to look into a bit more

JOJOXI

Trundler - The batting especially is very strong and a nice opening bowling pair - 3pts

Michaelf7777 - A solid if unspectacular opening pair (at least from afar). A nice middle order and a strong bowling attack aided by Peel and star man Sydney Barnes - 2pts

Fuller Pilch - the smaller names seem to have very good records and the side has depth in bowling options and pretty solid batting- 1pt

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
With kingkallis AWOL, I declare JOJOXI the worthy winner of this draft.

The final voting: 25 - JOJOXI; 12 - Trundler; 8 - Michaelf7777777; 4 - Fuller Pilch; 2 - kingkallis, Andrew B; 1 - ataraxia; 0 - L & L.

I honestly thought that a side with 2 bats (Ranjit & Fry) with FC averages > 50, an ATG all rounder (Faulkner) and 5 bowlers whose Test average was < 25 and who collectively took 9,737 FC wickets @ 16.6 might have attracted a vote.

Ah well. Back to the drawing board and a big "Well done" to JOJOXI and thanks to everyone.

JOJOXI

Thank you Fuller Pilch and thanks to Line and Length, especially for running this draft - a unique but fun and educational one. Was close to voting for your side L&L, very much liked the top 3 and Faulkner but preferred other sides as a whole but difficult to judge with it being an era I'm not too knowledgable about outside leading names