• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe vs Westindies 2 Test : Feb 04-16, 2023 at Bulawayo

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Feb 04-08, 2023
Zimbabwe vs West Indies
1st Test at Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
13:30 IST / 08:00 GMT

Feb 12-16, 2023
Zimbabwe vs West Indies
2nd Test at Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
13:30 IST / 08:00 GMT

WICFan

U19 Captain
West Indies squad:
Kraigg Brathwaite (c), Jermaine Blackwood (vc), Nkrumah Bonner, Tagnarine Chanderpaul, Roston Chase, Joshua Da Silva, Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Kyle Mayers, Gudakesh Motie, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Devon Thomas, Jomel Warrican

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
West Indies squad:
Kraigg Brathwaite (c), Jermaine Blackwood (vc), Nkrumah Bonner, Tagnarine Chanderpaul, Roston Chase, Joshua Da Silva, Shannon Gabriel, Jason Holder, Alzarri Joseph, Kyle Mayers, Gudakesh Motie, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Devon Thomas, Jomel Warrican
Still Chase? Come on, lol.

G. S. Kohli

Gabriel was successful during 2017 in zimbabwe.

Bulawayo Generally Batting Paradise than Harare, could be interesting series

G. S. Kohli

Zimbabwe will be stronger
As not only Raza return but Ballance's will be there too. Williams with broken Finger out of cricket for 6 weeks

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to have Motie back; Gabriel as well.

Gabriel was fire in the last Super50 competition

I’m pretty sure that Chase with break Lara’s record and take all the wickets in the tests…
Such a dumb pick once again( I’m gonna be eating my words later for saying this)

WICFan

U19 Captain
With the struggles with the kookaburra, Gabriel's extra pace will hopefully trouble the Zimbabwe batters.

I'd have taken Cariah, Hope and King ahead of Chase, Reifer and Thomas.

I reckon the squad selected for this tour will probably be the same for the tour of South Africa barring injury.

G. S. Kohli

With the struggles with the kookaburra, Gabriel's extra pace will hopefully trouble the Zimbabwe batters.

I'd have taken Cariah, Hope and King ahead of Chase, Reifer and Thomas.

I reckon the squad selected for this tour will probably be the same for the tour of South Africa barring injury.
Not true

Beamer

Our selectors are so dreadful. We finally have a test series that doesn't count for any WTC points and they do no experimentation at all, instead they treat guys with test batting averages of 25 to 33 as undroppable.

To top that off they pick two left arm spinners, Warrican inexplicably hurdles over Permaul despite being useless even in the last domestic season and we have Roston Chase who is only a little better than part time as demonstrated in Australia.

They also have no seam back up for Gabriel if he gets injured (highly likely).

I don't understand how people who are paid to make common sense cricket decisions consistently do such a rubbish job.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our selectors are so dreadful. We finally have a test series that doesn't count for any WTC points and they do no experimentation at all, instead they treat guys with test batting averages of 25 to 33 as undroppable.

To top that off they pick two left arm spinners, Warrican inexplicably hurdles over Permaul despite being useless even in the last domestic season and we have Roston Chase who is only a little better than part time as demonstrated in Australia.

They also have no seam back up for Gabriel if he gets injured (highly likely).

I don't understand how people who are paid to make common sense cricket decisions consistently do such a rubbish job.
So many good young talents we have judging from the last regional super50 competition. Carty should be a regular now, knocking at the door of the test side.
I honestly don't see any of the senior batsmen barring Kraigg making much in this series.

WICFan

U19 Captain
So many good young talents we have judging from the last regional super50 competition. Carty should be a regular now, knocking at the door of the test side.
I honestly don't see any of the senior batsmen barring Kraigg making much in this series.
CWI are more confident, they have decided not to send a batting coach with the squad.

Head Coach - Andre Coley, Assistant Coach - Rayon Griffith, Bowling Coach - Kenny Benjamin.

Beamer

I don't think we can underestimate how much money, or lack thereof, is factored into CWI's decisions. They are broke. My money is on Floyd Reifer for our next coach as a result.

Beamer

I'm not saying that Carty, Athanaze etc are ready yet but give them some experience. Don't just continue selecting a bunch of 30-34 year olds who have rubbish averages anyway.

Brandon King's continual ommission is a joke. He is one who is actually ready, has enough FC cricket and A team cricket under his belt. Honestly think we need some younger guys on the selection committee. Though Sarwan resigning so quickly tends to suggest that it is very difficult to work with Dessie.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Zimbabwe XI Squad:
Donald Tiripano, Carl Mumba, Timycen Maruma, Wessly Madhevere, Tony Munyonga, Milton Shumba, Tapiwa Mufudza, Tafadzwa Tsiga, Joylord Gumbie, Kudzai Maunze, Tanunurwa Makoni, Priviledge Chesa, Faraz Akram, William Mashinge and Tanaka Chivanga.