• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in South Africa

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mufambisi has done well in the Logan Cup when he's played for Mashonaland so I think he deserved a chance.
He has played okay. Only had a handful of matches though, against ridiculously bad opposition, and averaged in the mid thirties.

He obviously has a bit of talent and they don't have much more to go on really, but I don't see why he was picked ahead of Strydom who scored 58 runs from 58 balls batting at number 3 in the last match he played...

Chubb

International Regular
With Terry injured they had to go for someone they thought capable of opening, and obviously they don't believe Greg could do that. They could have moved either Taylor or Matsikenyeri up but Brendan has to keep wicket (and has concrete boots) and Stuart's tried and failed. Strydom should be in the side ahead of Matsikenyeri.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Peterson has an ER or 3.00! Whats going on!? At this rate he might take a wicket!

EDIT - OH MY GOD!! (But only because the batsman was trying to hoik him towards Durban)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Is anyone watching this game on SuperSport? Is there any crowd at East London at all? It's going to be my closest franchise ground soon.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Is anyone watching this game on SuperSport? Is there any crowd at East London at all? It's going to be my closest franchise ground soon.
Not really. 1/5 to 1/4 full. Funnily the commentators said that it was "good to see the crowd came today" :laugh:

I think East London struggles for crowds generally.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chubb said:
With Terry injured they had to go for someone they thought capable of opening, and obviously they don't believe Greg could do that. They could have moved either Taylor or Matsikenyeri up but Brendan has to keep wicket (and has concrete boots) and Stuart's tried and failed. Strydom should be in the side ahead of Matsikenyeri.
I really don't think Strydom should play ahead of Matsikenyeri, but he certainly should have played ahead of both Mufambisi and Rinke...

Loots

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sounds like we were better today than in the first ODI - The standard of opposition wasn't exactly world-class, but people like Taylor and Sibanda can bat a bit so the bowlers should take some credit, particularly Peterson (Never thought I'd be typing that) - Today's display brings his ODI average down to the figure of 64.91 - Keep going like that and he'll be a South African Murali in no time at all....

Bosman seemed to be striking the ball cleanly, and the only reason we lost four wickets is because the more inexperienced batsmen like Loots and Alviro threw their wickets away trying to slog Piet Rinke. But that's probably not such a bad thing, it's important to try and capitalise on the weakest bowlers in an innings.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
If only Zimbabwe had the services of Kennedy Obuya, they'd be sitting pretty with a 2-nil lead right now. Oh well, at least Prosper brought his batting average up into double-digits in the last match.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Tomm NCCC said:
Well, there's every chance South Africa are going to get past 400, 250-2 off 35 overs.
If Kemp and Boucher are there at the end 450+ is possible

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Boucher’s just hit the second quickest ton in ODI cricket. Also he is currently on for hitting the most sixes in a ODI, eleven is the current record.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
He wants 3 6's in 3 overs if he wants that record, and need another 22 to hit the magic 400 mark.... Will be officially the only team to do it twice in ODI Cricket

PY

International Coach
Freak of an innings, don't care the standard of bowling. That's some serious hitting. :blink:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
BREAKING NEWS
You heard it here first...

Zimbabwe are rubbish :laugh:

Previously Ive called them a good club side but that is too kind. I like Rainsford but apart from that the bowling is poor.

All the guys know how to bowl, its just that they are serevely lacking in the talent to compete at this level. None of them do anything special.