• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's World Cup 2022

anil1405

International Captain
Saving Ismail for last few overs? Couple of quick wickets from her will still give RSA an outside chance.

Himannv

International Coach
Bangladesh are in a bit of a hole at the moment. They're putting unnecessary pressure on themselves by not batting with more intent. The rate is below 2 - not good enough.

Himannv

International Coach
The top order needed to show more intent and go after it. They might get out trying but at least it gets some runs on the board and gives the others who come after a chance of winning the game (or at least getting close). You wont win any games by getting into a shell and letting the opposition dictate.

cnerd123

likes this
So predictions for the rest of the group stage:

South Africa beat West Indies
England beat Pakistan
Aus beat Bangladesh
NZ beat Pakistan
England beat Bangladesh
South Africa beat India

leads to a Top 4 of Australia (unbeaten), South Africa (7 wins), England (4 wins) and the final spot decided on NRR between NZ, India and West Indies (all 3 wins each). India have the best NRR, so should sneak through provided they put up a good showing vs SA.

Aus vs India first semi final SA vs England second, and then Aus beats somebody in the final.

Himannv

International Coach
Also it might be beneficial for SA to lose to India to let them through and send England into Australia's path instead :ph34r:
Very sneaky but it probably gives them the best chance of progressing into the finals. They'll have to make sure they beat Matthews West Indies to set it all up.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
This feels like the female version of the 03/07 World Cups. You’d back this Aussie side to beat the best of the rest combined.
Good observation that. Lanning=Ponting and Gardner=Symonds. Mooney gives me Mike Hussey vibes in her ability to marshal a chase and close out a game and Tahlia McGrath definitely has a bit of a golden arm like a certain Shane Watson

The comparisons are eerily similar I agree

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
No restrictions on crowd numbers for outdoor events as of this Friday night so hopefully a few people get along to the semis and final.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Good observation that. Lanning=Ponting and Gardner=Symonds. Mooney gives me Mike Hussey vibes in her ability to marshal a chase and close out a game and Tahlia McGrath definitely has a bit of a golden arm like a certain Shane Watson

The comparisons are eerily similar I agree
So Darcie Brown = Sloon then?