• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Football World Cup 2019 thread

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Spoke too soon, urgh. Should have scored.

Edit: Or penalty, after three hours of deliberation. Christ. Probably going to miss it anyway.

Edit 2: Well yeah obviously. God forbid this goes to penalties, we'd be ****ed.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poms missing a penalty in a WC KO game. Some things don't change. What a heart breaker.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah good effort tbf, we clawed it back so well after a poor start. Just not as skilful as the US.

Still, the chances were there, we were by no means outplayed.

andmark

International Captain
It was fun. It'll have had a positive impact on the sport overall, especially in the UK which is what ultimately matters I guess.

Uppercut

"Marred" is maybe too far for this game, but yeah it would've been better without VAR.

England were absolutely brilliant in the final third and hopelessly dominated in the other two thirds, which isn't a combination you see very often.

cpr

International Coach
No, were usually just hopeless in the first third. Our defending really hasnt been much in the games I've seen

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah good effort tbf, we clawed it back so well after a poor start. Just not as skilful as the US.

Still, the chances were there, we were by no means outplayed.

Yup. The way the game started, I thought we'd lose about 4-0, so they did well to make it as close as it was. At times they played really well. Mead a definite upgrade on Duggan, and Bright probably had her best game of the tournament, which was ironic given how the night ended for her. But our ball retention was awful, as it has been throughout much of the WC.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The USA were worthy winners in the end. The standards are improving all the time amongst the elite countries. The referees are also just as bad at using VAR. Disallowing a high quality goal for a non-existent hand ball is not helping the game.

Last edited:

Uppercut

They were the best team in the tournament by miles and I very much respect their ability to boil the piss of boring people.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They were the best team in the tournament by miles and I very much respect their ability to boil the piss of boring people.
Plus the ability of at least one of the side to upset her president is a nice bonus.

Watching them totally outplay the Dutch was a reminder of how well England did to make the semi-final as close as it was.

andmark

International Captain
Plus the ability of at least one of the side to upset her president is a nice bonus.

Watching them totally outplay the Dutch was a reminder of how well England did to make the semi-final as close as it was.
I'm worried Trump would get some sympathy in such a way as "she's disrespecting the White House!"