• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indian skipper missed a trick not bowling her spinners for a couple more overs there. Always easy in hindsight though.

Burgey

Really doesn’t look like any of these WBBL games today in Launceston will be completed. Hosing down.

_Ed_

Bloody hell, 79 to 101 in five balls.

EDIT: Amazing innings, 114* (64), but came up just short in the chase.

Last edited:

tony p

First Class Debutant
Now I know the losing side rarely gets " Player of the Match", but I'm not sure how Elyse Villani didn't get it in their match which they lost to the Scorchers off the last ball 6-123(20)
84(66) 9x4, 2x6 out of a total of 7-122, next best score off the bat 9.

Heather Graham won it with 4-0-16-3 plus 13(22) with the bat.

There wouldn't have been a game if Villani hadn't done what she did.

_Ed_

Villani's in monstrous form. A casual 94* (63) at the moment, making a tricky chase of 176 look easy.

Only one run needed to win now - wonder if she can finish it with a six.

EDIT: Yes!

Spark

Global Moderator
I genuinely cannot remember seeing someone bowl right arm to one batter and left arm to another before

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
A guy in Indian domestics has been doing it and going pretty well for a few years now. He did well in this year's SMAT too, including a spell of 4 overs for no runs and 2 wickets, admittedly against one of the minnow sides.

cnerd123

likes this
27 runs in extras with 3 drops, 2 missed stumpings and a runout. 105 to win, but would have been so much less if we had done the basics right. Sigh. Missed chance there.

Should still chase this with the batting quality we have.