• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's Cricket Australian Summer 2020/21

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That catch by Webb last night was unbelievable. A shame she dropped a relatively straightforward one a few minutes later.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair effort by Devine and Mooney - two 100+ opening partnerships in less than 24 hours.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
God damn that was a choke and a half from the scorchers, seen that exact situation play out 3 times now in the past 3/4 months in t20's.

tony p

First Class Debutant
The matches this season have see-sawed so much, this weekend has been some fun cricket to watch
Excepting the Hurricanes who were awful again.
Team definitely needs a shake-up. Captain Hall is a non scoring batter, Matthews as an overseas player must have photos of the coach to continue to get games, she has hardly contributed in 3 years. Stalenberg is NOT a T20 player.

Amy Smith is promising, Priest on her day is fine, but she doesn't have enough days, Nicola Carey who i love just looked way off the pace this season, playing in a **** team can do that.
Obviously having both Vlaeminck & Gibson out injured for the whole season didn't help either, but they have to get better batting.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Yep Vlaemick and Gibson out is a problem but it gives you a sense of what the others can do while they have the chance

On a note of people not doing well, Perry. She is having a hard time of it, she’s one of the best cricketers I’ve ever seen, but this season, nup. Her captaincy as well, I haven’t been impressed.

tony p

First Class Debutant
The team of the tournament has been announced. Surprisingly, no Hurricane's players made it.

Only 3 overseas players allowed, so no Amelia Kerr as spinner this year.( Damn)

Sophie Devine, (Scorchers) O.S. 448@56, SR 130.23, 5 Wkts@30, Econ 7.28
Beth Mooney, (Scorchers), 524@58.22, SR 119.36, CT 5, ST 3 Wicketkeeper
Meg Lanning, (Stars), 458@45.8, SR 128.65, CAPTAIN.
Heather Knight, (Thunder) OS, 403@40.3, 9 Wkts@15.33, Econ 6.9.
Nat Sciver,(Stars) OS, 194@32.33,SR 130.2, 18 Wkts@12.44, Econ 6.78.
Laura Kimmince, ( Heat), 140@20, SR 202.89.
Alana King, (Stars) 11 Wkts@16.18, Econ 5.74.
Sarah Coyte, (Strikers), 18 Wkts@16.04, Econ 6.51.
Taneale Peschel, ( Scorchers), 13 Wkts@19.69, Econ 5.95
Hannah Darlington, (Thunder), 15 Wkts@15.06, Econ 6.45.
Sam Bates, (Thunder), 15 Wkts@16.46, Econ 5.76.

12th, Darcie Brown, ( Strikers) 10 Wkts@22.1, Econ 5.52.

Devine won player of the tournament, and Brown won the young gun award for the player under 21.

Not sure why it's announced now when there are 3 matches left that really could decide who should be in the team of the year.

tony p

First Class Debutant
On a note of people not doing well, Perry. She is having a hard time of it, she’s one of the best cricketers I’ve ever seen, but this season, nup. Her captaincy as well, I haven’t been impressed.
She did split from her husband Matt Toomua in July, maybe her off field life has contributed to her less than stellar season, I'm only guessing obviously.