• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Windies Tour of Pakistan (DEC 2021)-- 3T20Is +3 ODIs***

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've got 5 newcomers to the Windies team: Greaves, Brooks, Motie, Smith, Drakes

Greaves and Brooks-- two batsmen who have been on the local circuit for a while, Brooks has played test cricket before.

Gudakesh Motie- a much-deserved call-up. The best spinner in the Caribbean. Potentially, a great all-format player.

Odean Smith- he bowls quick and can hit the ball a long way. Broad shoulders. Hulk

Dominic Drakes- the genuine all-rounder...we saw can he can do with the ball, he uses his variations well...and he can bat!

FULL SQUADS

One-Day Internationals

• Kieron Pollard (Captain)
  • Shai Hope (Vice Captain)
  • Darren Bravo
  • Shamarh Brooks
  • Roston Chase
  • Justin Greaves
  • Akeal Hosein
  • Alzarri Joseph
  • Gudakesh Motie
  • Anderson Phillip
  • Nicholas Pooran
  • Raymon Reifer
  • Romario Shepherd
  • Odean Smith
  • Hayden Walsh Jr.
T20 Internationals

• Kieron Pollard (Captain)
  • Nicholas Pooran (Vice Captain)
  • Darren Bravo
  • Roston Chase
  • Sheldon Cottrell
  • Dominic Drakes
  • Shai Hope
  • Akeal Hosein
  • Brandon King
  • Kyle Mayers
  • Gudakesh Motie
  • Romario Shepherd
  • Odean Smith
  • Oshane Thomas
  • Hayden Walsh Jr.
NOTES

• Jason Holder is being rested for this tour due to workload management
  • Fabian Allen and Obed McCoy are unavailable due to injury and rehabilitation
  • Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Andre Russell and Lendl Simmons are unavailable due to personal reasons
TOUR SCHEDULE

• December 13 – 1st T20I, Karachi
  • December 14 – 2nd T20I, Karachi
  • December 16 – 3rd T20I, Karachi
  • December 18 – 1st ODI, Karachi
  • December 20 – 2nd ODI, Karachi
  • December 22 – 3rd ODI, Karachi
Link to the CWI website

SillyCowCorner1

Over the past few days, I have been popping in to have a look at some of our players in the T10 league in UAE...

Odean Smith's bowling taking licks, but when it is his time to bat he returns back the favor, he hit it well.
Dominic Drakes can't do any wrong. Excellent bowler, fielder...and that is well complemented by his batting.
Romario Shepherd being very tidy with the ball is a good sign.
I saw Cottrell playing for the first time today, and he bowled a peach to dismiss Tom Kohler-Cadmore. He was getting swing with the brand new ball.

I know that it's a different form of the game, but it's some game time for our guys.

Kirkut

International Regular
Non stop cricket man...

Let's say hypothetically if Pakistan had won the T20 World Cup, they wouldn't have had the time to savour the win as they would be playing back to back cricket.
Same can be said for other sides as well.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I'm still trying to work out why Shai Hope is in the T20 squad. I literally cannot come up with any cricketing logic.

The only reason I came up with was cost cutting so they could use him as a back up keeper and not have to call anyone else.

SillyCowCorner1

Pollard is out of the series with a hamstring injury.

Devon Thomas to replace him in the ODIs
Rovman to replace him in the T20Is

Shai Hope to captain the ODI team
Nicholas Pooran to captain the T20 team.

Devon Thomas gets in here because he had a good Super50 tournament with the bat, but he's been warming benches recently.
Rovman is not a bad choice in the T20 setup, looked prime in the T10 tournament.

Shai Hope and leadership...hmmm. They could have made Pooran captain of both teams.

Beamer

So the first T20I is on Monday. Given the way the end of the year has gone for us I don't hold out much hope, especially as the T20 side is missing Lewis, Russell, Pollard, Hety, McCoy and Allen, but it will be good to see a few new faces and it will be interesting to see how they cope. My Xi for the first game:

Brandon King
Kyle Mayers
Roston Chase
Nicholas Pooran (c, wk)
Rovman Powell
Odean Smith
Dominic Drakes
Romario Shepherd
Hayden Walsh Jr
Gudakesh Motie/Akheil Hossein
Sheldon Cotterell

I hold more hope for the ODI's tbh, I feel that squad is stronger but still missing Lewis, Hety, McCoy, Allen and Pollard. The ODI XI could be:

Shai Hope (C, WK)
Justin Greaves
Darren Bravo
Shamarh Brooks/Devon Thomas
Nicholas Pooran
Roston Chase
Romario Shepherd/Raymon Reifer
Akeal Hosein
Alzarri Joseph
Gudakesh Motie/Hayden Walsh Jr
Anderson Phillip/Odean Smith

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

So Cottrel, Chase, and Mayers have been tested positive for Covid...3 guys we expected to be starters.

Now, what does the makeup of the team looks like?

Brandon King
Shai Hope
Darren Bravo
Nicholas Pooran (c, wk)
Rovman Powell
Odean Smith
Dominic Drakes
Romario Shepherd
Hayden Walsh Jr
Gudakesh Motie
Oshane Thomas/Akheil Hossein (But I prefer Hosein since we already have enough pacers)

Beamer

So Cottrel, Chase, and Mayers have been tested positive for Covid...3 guys we expected to be starters.

Now, what does the makeup of the team looks like?

Brandon King
Shai Hope
Darren Bravo
Nicholas Pooran (c, wk)
Rovman Powell
Odean Smith
Dominic Drakes
Romario Shepherd
Hayden Walsh Jr
Gudakesh Motie
Oshane Thomas/Akheil Hossein (But I prefer Hosein since we already have enough pacers)
I honestly don't know how they'll choose who to open. Shai opening in T20s is just so meh, I'd much prefer they tried something like shoving Odean or Romario up there. Let's see though.

SillyCowCorner1

I honestly don't know how they'll choose who to open. Shai opening in T20s is just so meh, I'd much prefer they tried something like shoving Odean or Romario up there. Let's see though.
Not much they can do right now...gotta work with what they have. All the guys who are playing, I just hope that they grab the opportunities provided to them to try and make something out of it. Destiny is in their hands.

SillyCowCorner1

Motie should have been playing here.

Akeal, the only spinner in for us, and he's been the best bowler so far...