• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
3 tests down and this thread is only 45 pages?
Proof that CPL and IPL have destroyed test cricket in West Indies and India respectively. :ph34r:

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really really annoyed by Kohli's post match comments indicating Rohit is a fixture at 5. ****ing ridiculous how that **** has managed to worm his way back into the team.
"Think line-up should be flexible". Then keep yourself out sometime, captain man.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We just have to get used to the Nohit Kohli bromance for a while I think... Nohit the Marto for Kohli's Punter. :( Just hope Nohit does as good as Marto.

But I do hope they drop Dhawan for Vijay. Need his solidity at the top, esp. if the Trini wicket will have pace and bounce as is being predicted.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Shami running away with plenty of wickets isn't such a good sign. The same bloke was found out abroad elsewhere, and keeps running out of energy and then starts pelting loose deliveries frequently. We'd rather have Ishant getting those loads of wickets.
You do realise Shami was injured for most of last couple of years and has only now got back to good condition? And accurate wicket to wicket bowling is his trademark?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You do realise Shami was injured for most of last couple of years and has only now got back to good condition? And accurate wicket to wicket bowling is his trademark?
Arjun always does this thing where he says he rather x get more wickets because he looks like a better bowler or y shouldn't score so many runs because it'll get him selected etc.

He's got great knowledge of the players in India but the way he applies it is strange.

Motorwada

Banned
some positives for the windies to take out of this series: at times they showed great promise with bat and ball, but just not in the same test

Cummins looks a great prospect, Joseph too. They managed to actually take a lot of wickets this test and restrict India to a modest total twice. They didn't even look like taking a wicket in the series against us last summer.

Their middle order played great last test and Bravo/Samuels/Braithwaite "stepped up" a little bit this test, with a fifty each from Braithwaite and Bravo and a 48 from Samuels. Yes I know it's not much but the middle order weren't there to rescue them this time so they would have scored even less runs without those 3.

So all 7 of Braithwaite/Bravo/Samuels/Holder/Blackwood/Chase/Dowrich had at least one decent innings in the last 2 tests. Just need 3-4 to happen in the same innings more often
I assume you are talking about the series in Australia? Pitches are much different though.

When Australia toured WI last year, WI got them out for 300-400 a couple of times.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Having a net with the Indians tomorrow. A little nervous as those with long memories may remember that I netted with the TT CPL team a year ago and that was the last time I have bowled a ball. Now with a crocked leg and 30 lbs heavier. Should be fun though regardless.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Please have a word with Kohli about Rohit
Id love to but I wouldnt know where to start. Now, if he wanted to talk Yorkshire cricket from the mid-90s...

Regarding the game, it has rained everyday for 2 weeks here in Trinidad so no idea how the track will play or even if much play will be possible.

harsh.ag

Having a net with the Indians tomorrow. A little nervous as those with long memories may remember that I netted with the TT CPL team a year ago and that was the last time I have bowled a ball. Now with a crocked leg and 30 lbs heavier. Should be fun though regardless.
Awesome. Pics please.

Motorwada

Banned
Id love to but I wouldnt know where to start. Now, if he wanted to talk Yorkshire cricket from the mid-90s...

Regarding the game, it has rained everyday for 2 weeks here in Trinidad so no idea how the track will play or even if much play will be possible.
is it consistent or in bursts?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Quick update. Rained all morning and the square and outdoor nets closed off. Indoor nets are poor and cramped. Bowled at the Indian guys for about an hour but asked only to bowl off just a couple of steps as the indoor tracks were not great. Still, it was fun, Shikhar Dhawan looks solid and Anil Kumble is an absolute gentleman.

Anyway, rainy season continues in Trinidad

Last edited:

mr_mister

so you've scored a net sesh with the actual Indian test team, you possess a lot of knowledge of Mid-Yorkshire '90s cricket... are you actually Darren Gough?