• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies Tour of Sri Lanka- February 2020

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So it's 196 after 20 overs.

15-20 runs short I think.
Very disappointing with Hety, Bravo and Rovman Powell unused. WHat a stupidly good batting lineup this is. With that in mind, it was a pretty average innings from Lendl Simmons tbh.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Simmons' fifty came off 31 balls...
His next 17 off 20 balls. No acceleration, and perhaps was just giving the strike over to the other batsmen. But wickets were in hand, guys like Hetmyer, Bravo, and Allen

SillyCowCorner1

Very disappointing with Hety, Bravo and Rovman Powell unused. WHat a stupidly good batting lineup this is. With that in mind, it was a pretty average innings from Lendl Simmons tbh.
Yeah, Hetty probably still under punishment lol...could have had Simmons being more aggressive..but he waned at the end.

Beamer

Hasaranga his the future of srilankan cricket
What a find from srilanka .. what a talent he his
HE is a real talent. I like his mental strength more than anything.

Solid win there even though we didn't play particularly well. We'll need a bit more oomph from Simmons, less overs from Pollard, a quality spin option and better fielding to win the T20 World Cup.

Stapel

International Regular
Simmons' fifty came off 31 balls...
His next 17 off 20 balls. No acceleration, and perhaps was just giving the strike over to the other batsmen. But wickets were in hand, guys like Hetmyer, Bravo, and Allen
He faced only 8 balls in the 5 overs after his fifty. Maybe that made him lose his momentum? Not sure it was for lack of trying.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Picking Udana was a mistake. Dhanajaya de Silva easily can trike it at 120 without big hits, and his off spin, is serviceable. Moreover hie is in the bowling form of his life. Picking Dasun Shanaka and not bowling him was a crime.

Avishka Fernando
Kusal Perera
Kusal Mendis
Angelo Mathews (7)
Dhananjaya de Silva (6)
Niroshan Dikwella (wk)
Thisara Perera (5)
Wanindu Hasaranga (4)
Vishwa Fernando (1)
Lasith Malinga (2)
Lahiru Kumara (3)

would be my team for Pallekele next up. If Oshane Thomas got our guys hopping, so could Kumara who is comfortably a yard quicker than Thomas.

Beamer

. If Oshane Thomas got our guys hopping, so could Kumara who is comfortably a yard quicker than Thomas.
I rate Kumara very highly but I'm not really sure it was Oshane's pace that caused the problem, it was the bounce. Worth a go though. I hope they play him, I like watching him bowl.

SillyCowCorner1

Oh my! Oh my! Has Shehan Jayasuriya done something remarkable here? One of the greatest EVER catches in cricket? He looks very confident and throws the ball up in the air in pure joy. Hang on though, the umpire's get together. Sends it upstairs. This is a tricky one for the third umpire. Just as he tumbles over after taking it, his cap comes off and touches the ad cushions.
I need to see this.