• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England 2020

Shady Slim

International Coach
yeah if it's a downpour tonight then we've moved from a test that was a foregone conclusion england win after two days to a genuine test of the grit of this windies top order. we know that holder, chase, dowrich, etc, can bat for a draw or win a game from the middle to lower middle, but obviously they can't be relied on every single game. top order now has to stand up and be counted!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah if it's a downpour tonight then we've moved from a test that was a foregone conclusion england win after two days to a genuine test of the grit of this windies top order. we know that holder, chase, dowrich, etc, can bat for a draw or win a game from the middle to lower middle, but obviously they can't be relied on every single game. top order now has to stand up and be counted!
Alzarri for a maiden test ton

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I said in the last test that they could't win without Brathwaite soaking up a substantial amount of balls. I was wrong, but its even more crucial this time

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Roach might not be taking bundles of wickets at the moment but he's offering immense control. Sending down 33 overs at an economy of 1.75 this innings and offered similar control in the first test. Great counter to Gabriel who can turn up and just bowl utter garbage sometimes. Regardless of how this test goes, we might finally get to see C.Holder playing

Stokes is so immense right now. So much more important than Root

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly not sure about the worries over the weather, it's predicted light rain in manchester, that's actually a decent forecast for there, there'll be enough play between the showers.

Yeah, guaranteed washout now.....

morgieb

Thought the 150 thing only applied towards complete washouts on the first day?

If not true makes it a fair bit easier for England to win.

Woodster

International Captain
It?s pretty bright here at the moment but it is still raining lightly, eased off in the last 20 minutes or so (I?m just outside Manchester), think we?ll get dry parts throughout the day just depends how long it takes in between the rain stopping to get the ground ready to go.

SillyCowCorner1

If entire first day is washed out and play starts on the ?second day? only then will follow-on target be within 150 of the first team?s score

Howe_zat

Audio File
It?s pretty bright here at the moment but it is still raining lightly, eased off in the last 20 minutes or so (I?m just outside Manchester), think we?ll get dry parts throughout the day just depends how long it takes in between the rain stopping to get the ground ready to go.
If entire first day is washed out and play starts on the ?second day? only then will follow-on target be within 150 of the first team?s score
We've got to stop using the mobile skin guys.

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
I woke up early to hopefully watch some of this, made coffee, sat down, and now I'm reading that there will likely be no play today.

For shame.