• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Sri Lanka 2010

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, something like that would never happen with the modern game, mores the pity.

Really annoying about the weather, but what can anyone do

I don't remember an entire series in SL being washed out before. Am i wrong there?

Last edited:

Beamer

Can our Sri Lankan friends confirm if the weather has been any better this evening/early morning?

Are we doomed to see no more cricket in this test series?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Can our Sri Lankan friends confirm if the weather has been any better this evening/early morning?

Are we doomed to see no more cricket in this test series?
Morning is very bright in Colombo. But in Kandy you never know. They say that Kndy weather is like women. You can never predict it.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
"Cricinfo - Herath to Sammy, no run, ooh, the carrom ball spits out and Sammy deals with it like someone who's never heard of the carom game. Shoulders arms and has his heart in the mouth as it whizzes past off stump" :blink:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know how many runs the Windies lower order have contributed this series? Complete and utter joke.

Athlai

Not Terrible
"Cricinfo - Herath to Sammy, no run, ooh, the carrom ball spits out and Sammy deals with it like someone who's never heard of the carom game. Shoulders arms and has his heart in the mouth as it whizzes past off stump" :blink:
The carrom ball is that variation Mendis bowls, seems like a few bowlers can do it now.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The carrom ball is that variation Mendis bowls, seems like a few bowlers can do it now.
Yeah, I know that, just surprised to read that Herath is bowling it. Saw him (Herath) bowling the doosra in the last test as well.

Blaze 18

Banned
I hope both teams forfeit an innings just to make things interesting. It is not likely to happen though, harsh on Sri Lanka who will lose points for a drawn series at home, against a lower ranked side. That being said, West Indies have played some good cricket in the series and 0-0 is perhaps a fair result.

Last edited:

Beamer

Bit unfair to be honest. Rain ruined this contest; the Pak RSA series was awful played on wickets where you need 10 days for a result.
Agreed. I feel a bit robbed tbh because I really fancied seeing how the Sri Lankans were going to try and bowl to Lil Bravo after his first 3 innings. Roach versus Samaraweera, Jayawardene and Sangakarra was also shaping up really well.

Also West Indies have not been playing anywhere near enough cricket as it is so this rain is a real set back in the development of our new team ethos.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I hope both teams forfeit an innings just to make things interesting. It is not likely to happen though, harsh on Sri Lanka who will lose points for a drawn series at home, against a lower ranked side. That being said, West Indies have played some good cricket in the series and 0-0 is perhaps a fair result.
like that game in Centurion between England and SA back in the day? :ph34r:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Might become 4th soon the way Ashes are going ATM. But frankly speaking they don't deserve a ranking more than 4 or 5.