• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
We might not be very good at cricket anymore but our soap operas are right up there with the best.

Also the current generation can write letters far better than the 80s lot ever could. Bravo, Powell, Gayle, Samuels and Wavell Hinds are all superb letter writers clearly.

Blocky

Banned
It is a pretty simple formula...

Unless you're a side like 1996-2006 Australia, taking the field down arguably 5 of your best players will always result in you under performing and struggling for credibility.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
We already have no shot at the WC, Parnell ahead of Mclaren? What the **** are our selectors smoking?

and Parnell and Rabada in one bowling attack, "here Gayle, welcome, here is your 40 ball 100, enjoy"

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
I like Miller, but that innings was pretty underwhelming today, as was how the last 5 or so overs from South Africa. It would have been interesting if they changed it up a little by sending Wise up the order as well.

BWSport

Cricket Spectator
Pretty average performance by that back up South African attack and I guess it shows that South African do have a few problems with depth. But on a positive note it was good to see the return of Gayle, can't believe how badly one mans presence can affect an international team

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Some may say that SA was missing players and that clearly is true. But i'd like to remind people that we are also missing Badree (number one or two ranked t20 bowler), Rampaul, Santokie, Darren Bravo and of course the genius that is one Sunil Narine.

Good win made to look scrappy at the end. Now the lads have warmed up i'd hope to see a more polished performance next game.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some may say that SA was missing players and that clearly is true. But i'd like to remind people that we are also missing Badree (number one or two ranked t20 bowler), Rampaul, Santokie, Darren Bravo and of course the genius that is one Sunil Narine.

Good win made to look scrappy at the end. Now the lads have warmed up i'd hope to see a more polished performance next game.
How come Narine isn't playing?

Tec15

First Class Debutant
We already have no shot at the WC, Parnell ahead of Mclaren? What the **** are our selectors smoking?

and Parnell and Rabada in one bowling attack, "here Gayle, welcome, here is your 40 ball 100, enjoy"
Mclaren hardly made a case for himself in the recent series in Australia, however. If you already think SA have no chance, it's hard to see what difference Mclaren over Parnell would make.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Trying to catch up with cricket after not watching a lot non-England related for the past couple of years.

I watched the WI innings of the T20. A few thoughts below.

- The Gayle innings was clearly influential, the difference between the teams and very special but it held little entertainment for me. It just all seems rather processional and lacking guile or drama. In the context of the game it had great value, and I am not criticising the innings, I just didnt see the fun.

- When I used to live in South Africa I couldnt believe that Farhaan Behardien was a first class cricketer. It boggles my mind he is now an international cricketer.

- Kyle Abbott is a horse of a man. Powerful, strong action and decent pace with good seam position. Not sure how special he is but he looks a very solid and reliable quick. Cursed by the fact that he looks like Neville Longbottom coming in off the long run for Gryffindor.

- Rabada is a curious case. Based on his action you would think he would bowl right arm tripe but it is remarkable that he gets the seam in the good position he does with that abortion of an action. He is also a yard quicker than you would ever expect. He will clearly have issues with consistency and will have injury problems but there is something there.

- Imran Tahir was the player who impressed the most as a bowler and the least as a person. It stunned me to watch him running around jumping and celebrating after taking an inconsequential wicket with the game already lost. He presented himself as a prick of a man. It was awkward to see him screaming, shouting and jumping around celebrating small personal victories when the team result was long gone (pls dont comment if you have not seen the celebration of the Samuels dismissal). His behaviour illustrated someone self-centered, lacking self-awareness, unaware of context and out of step with sport being a team orientated endevour. Saying all that, be bowled exceptionally well with good variation.

- It was good to see Parnell bowling with good gas. It will be interesting to see how his career progresses now he is clearly out of the project/prospect bracket.

Last edited: