• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2017

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
I actually thought the RadioSport commentators were worse last night. Constantly talking over each other and screaming so loud sometimes the sound coming out of the radio was distorted in an effort to dampen the commentators voice.

Every time a six was hit I thought my ears were going to bleed.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
I agree for the most part about our commentators. When Richardson isn't being insanely negative he actually has very good insight which is a shame. Doull makes a good presenter but a horrible commentator, Smithy is good but makes no secret about who his favourites are, Cumming should not be allowed near a microphone given his abominable use of the English language... I could go on.

I caught a Super Smash game the other day and I actually found myself really enjoying Tim Roxborogh's commentary, really good voice and not bad insight. Get him on the Black Caps coverage instead of Cumming.

Tom Flint

International Regular
What if the adults in the crowd were actually watching the game and got their kids out the way as soon as they saw the ball fly off the bat in their direction. Its t20 with short boundaries should be ready for it to come every ball. Not sitting on a blanket with your head in a picnic basket

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
What if the adults in the crowd were actually watching the game and got their kids out the way as soon as they saw the ball fly off the bat in their direction. Its t20 with short boundaries should be ready for it to come every ball. Not sitting on a blanket with your head in a picnic basket
Maybe they've got their head in the picnic basket because one of their kids is nagging them for a muesli bar, they could have fished that out between balls, granted, but they were trying to stop their other kid accidentally poking their neighbour in the back with an autograph bat. Then they hear the crack of leather on willow and look up, guard their child from the flight of the ball. Also sub-consciously aware of drunken dude 1 approaching from their 3oclock. But, oblivious to drunken unco dude 2 flying in from their 7 o'clock. Fool.

Immenso

Generally I've really liked the nz commentary team the last few years.

I turned sky off at Xmas so not watching the white ball stuff at the moment.

I particularly like Cumming, in that he still keeps abreast of the domestic stuff. He's been retired 5 years now but still in the know. Styris also good knowledge of recent domestic graduates to the blackcaps. But he's very recently retired from HRV himself.

Riggor wouldn't know a Tom Bruce or Anaru Kitchen unless they were on a reality tv show. He's the weakest link now.

Doull is fine imo, I don't expect him to know domestics as he is a full time global commentator. Yet he's seen and he knows what these obscure Windies white ball players actually do. Who is never hear of. So he gets a pass.

Styris also good knowledge of global whiteball players. Also good insights of actual T20 plans and tactics which is all pretty new to me.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Maybe they've got their head in the picnic basket because one of their kids is nagging them for a muesli bar, they could have fished that out between balls, granted, but they were trying to stop their other kid accidentally poking their neighbour in the back with an autograph bat. Then they hear the crack of leather on willow and look up, guard their child from the flight of the ball. Also sub-consciously aware of drunken dude 1 approaching from their 3oclock. But, oblivious to drunken unco dude 2 flying in from their 7 o'clock. Fool.
Lol i get your point. There were human missiles coming from all angles.
But some of the adults in these families looked genuinely shocked that a ball was about 2 feet above their head when NZ were scoring at about 13 runs per over.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Do yourself a favour and watch the replay, when Munro hits the debutant for six first ball. A grown man - a very grown, fat man - lands squarely on a I would say 7-8 year old girl. She cries her eyes out. Said grown fat man stands up, does not even seem to realise what he's done. He would be 120kg coming straight down on a girl who now has a very negative view of going to the cricket. It's not just the ball hitting them, although that is a problem when uncoordinated orange shirted dorks get in your eye line then miss it. As a father to young girls it made me extremely angry to see a young girl that upset from the actions of an adult who should know better but is blinded by 50k and weasel piss.

I'm not a fan of making rules for 1% of idiots but that percentage is much higher in this case. Another older guy was sat on, another guy copped a ball to the leg, a speaker was knocked over etc. It looks village as someone in your part of the world would say, and it's dangerous.

Good on NZC for making the right call. The idea that there should be a family zone when it's the shirted muppets causing the damage was laughable. **** that, I'm not being told to sit with my family when we're the ones there for the actual game. I hope no sixes go near the Orange Shirt zone and they go home with their tails between their legs.

The Hutt Rec

Not to mention they were running from 15 metres away in some cases, so even if you had known ahead of time to keep out of orange shirts guys' way, there was nothing to stop them from running along and landing on you.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah. It's just such a no-brainer.

Unfortunately there's a lot of 'PC world gone mad' rubbish in response on social media etc, because a lot of people who go to cricket nowadays are there to get pissed and yell rather than watch cricket. Obviously this decision affects them greatly. But me, as a cricket fan with kids, it's just complete common sense.

Now we can watch cricket again and the commentators can, by and large, comment on cricket. Hoorah.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was also a guy in Nelson who dived and deflected the ball into a kid's face.

Flem274*

123/5
i love watching fat old people hurt themselves trying to catch a ball as much as the next guy but i'd never take a kid to a game and potentially wouldn't bother going myself tbh because i cbf getting dived on or my overpriced beer spilled. good call to zone them off. hopefully we still see plenty of plonkers falling down embankments in their zone

The Hutt Rec

I have had a thought that having drunken oaf beer swilling cesspits might not be the wisest idea ... probably wouldn't want to be a female walking past one. :/ Hopefully it all works out.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Do yourself a favour and watch the replay, when Munro hits the debutant for six first ball. A grown man - a very grown, fat man - lands squarely on a I would say 7-8 year old girl. She cries her eyes out. Said grown fat man stands up, does not even seem to realise what he's done. He would be 120kg coming straight down on a girl who now has a very negative view of going to the cricket. It's not just the ball hitting them, although that is a problem when uncoordinated orange shirted dorks get in your eye line then miss it. As a father to young girls it made me extremely angry to see a young girl that upset from the actions of an adult who should know better but is blinded by 50k and weasel piss.

I'm not a fan of making rules for 1% of idiots but that percentage is much higher in this case. Another older guy was sat on, another guy copped a ball to the leg, a speaker was knocked over etc. It looks village as someone in your part of the world would say, and it's dangerous.

Good on NZC for making the right call. The idea that there should be a family zone when it's the shirted muppets causing the damage was laughable. **** that, I'm not being told to sit with my family when we're the ones there for the actual game. I hope no sixes go near the Orange Shirt zone and they go home with their tails between their legs.
I personally would rather have a family zone if im going there with my family.

If I'm going with a bunch of mates and having a number of brews and trying to have a good time in the crowd with interaction with the players and the rest of the crowd, I don't wanna be told to reign it in because there's families around. I almost got kicked out of Hagley Oval on Boxing Day last year because we made an epic beer snake and apparently we were ruining it for children even though parents were giving their children empty cups to give to us to make the snake bigger. Each side has it's merits imo. I think they've done it the right way for now but I'd be extremely annoyed if I was wearing a Catch a million shirt and took a one hander while not in the "designated zone". Ridiculous.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Pace junkie! Certainly getting some zip obviously.

Ferguson to Sarfraz Ahmed, no run, short ball, climbs at serious pace.
153.4kmph. Sarfraz can't get anywhere near the top of that and flashes a half-angled bat to get beaten

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Pace junkie! Certainly getting some zip obviously.

Ferguson to Sarfraz Ahmed, no run, short ball, climbs at serious pace.
153.4kmph. Sarfraz can't get anywhere near the top of that and flashes a half-angled bat to get beaten

That moment when the site owner posts on the wrong thread . . .