• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aye. It's bloody rubbish. Infact, all helmets are. Back in my day we din't have no helmets. If one o' them darkies from o'erseas sent us a bouncer, we'd take it like a man. Bloody crash helmets. Who does he think he is? Mike Hailwood?
Post reported.

EDIT: Martyn's beaten me to it.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I apologise profusely. Was in character. Must have forgot to add my "YES, THIS POST IS IN JEST!!!"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I apologise profusely. Was in character. Must have forgot to add my "YES, THIS POST IS IN JEST!!!"
Good to see someone else suffering from lack of it.

Good, also, to see someone missing the jest in the replies, thinking the replyers had failed to spot the jest.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vaughn and Cook starting to build a constructive and powerful partnership.
Interestingly, Bravo and Taylor starting to get a bit of swing here... hope Cook and Vaughan treat it with care.

Haha, record 2nd wicket partnership for England vs West Indies at Headingley... of 50*. :laugh::lol:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Gayle gets Cook just before Lunch... looked pretty plumb.

That just might have been a bit careless.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well he did get well forward, and there's doubts about the height, but I've have given it. I'm all in favour of umps being strict here.

Batsmen really should use their bats against spinners, I know it's a radical thought:unsure:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't think so, TBH. You get hit on the pad in front of off-stump with someone who bowls from close to the stumps, you're in trouble.

I'm very, very sure, TBH, that he'd have hit the ball (ie played it with the bat) had it not been the last one before Lunch. Just seemed like a complete lapse of concentration - that was a nothing ball, and with the way he's been playing of late I'd never expect him to miss it.

cover drive man

International Captain
I don't think so, TBH. You get hit on the pad in front of off-stump with someone who bowls from close to the stumps, you're in trouble.

I'm very, very sure, TBH, that he'd have hit the ball (ie played it with the bat) had it not been the last one before Lunch. Just seemed like a complete lapse of concentration - that was a nothing ball, and with the way he's been playing of late I'd never expect him to miss it.
Thats what I meant he had a unfortunate lapse of concentration and pyed dearly for it. Just goes to show you always have to be concentrating.