• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** VB Series 2006

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who's got their talking Boonie to watch the cricket with them? :D

But SA and Australia to make the finals, despite SL winning a few, and Australia to win the whole thing

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Well the annual world series is a great tradition, and ive always enjoyed it, so Im happy its been restored to its epic length.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Arrow said:
Well the annual world series is a great tradition, and ive always enjoyed it, so Im happy its been restored to its epic length.
I've always thought it was way too long...it doesn't matter anyway, I won't be at any matches this time around.

TazzX

U19 12th Man
SA will take it out in a final against Aus. People are not scared of Aus as a ODI side anymore. If NZ can chace down a 332 score and almost 322 then anyone can. Aus bowling attack is not that great anymore. The batting is just up to standards with everyone else.

:ph34r:

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Australians One day form has been extremely dominant lately hasnt it? With a full strength bowling line up they will win the series.
Your taking too much notice of the matches where they had a totally B GRADE bowling lineup.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
andyc said:
Who's got their talking Boonie to watch the cricket with them? :D

But SA and Australia to make the finals, despite SL winning a few, and Australia to win the whole thing
I'd love to get one except you have to buy VB.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
expecting a Aus vs SA final, but has i mentioned in another thread with the WC just around the corner i hope Gilchrist & Pigeon are rested for the majortiy of the VB series thus giving Haddin n nay other seamer a chance, since those two are key players in australia's plans to defend the world cup..

Deja moo

International Captain
Wonder if the way the Aus-SA-NZ vb series last panned out has had any bearing on the increase in the number of rounds in the league phase ;) . I mean, this particular combination has the potential of creating a similar upset.

howardj

International Coach
Deja moo said:
Wonder if the way the Aus-SA-NZ vb series last panned out has had any bearing on the increase in the number of rounds in the league phase ;) . I mean, this particular combination has the potential of creating a similar upset.
Sri Lanka are the third team this summer though. And, given that, I think it will be apparent - after about three matches - that Sri Lanka stand zero chance of making the Finals (on Australian pitches anyway)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty big call there Howard. I know you've made some recently though ;)

I wonder why they changed it to 6 matches for only one year before going back to 8.

howardj

International Coach
It's no fun, without a wild prediction.

Seriously though, South Africa and Australia are pretty dominant at present, in the shorter form of the game. Oh, except that game against Bangladesh back in June!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SL are probably at the worst they've been in a while, whereas SA are at starting to peak and Australia are Australia. That being said, All it takes is a bit of Murali or a bit of Sanga to change a game or two, and SL could get pretty close to making the top 2.

You're right though, wild predictions are fun. Not sure if your Pakistan one was a prediction, it was wild though :p

Slow Love™

International Captain
I've got to say that I agree that I can't see Sri Lanka being that threatening this summer, in spite of their recent spike in the ODI rankings. Hopefully we're wrong though, 'cause I would love to see a genuine three-way contest for a change. Can't remember when the last one was - maybe when the Aussies missed out in '01/02...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Aus/WI/Pak wasn't that bad last year. Pak beat Aus, WI should have beat Aus but the match got rained out, and the Pak v WI matches were split and it came down to the last match to determine who would make the final I believe.

And the finals were good matches. Pak, who had a very inexperienced team then, took it to Australia and just choked when they probably could have won one, if not both of those games. I quite enjoyed last year's series.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Jono said:
Aus/WI/Pak wasn't that bad last year. Pak beat Aus, WI should have beat Aus but the match got rained out, and the Pak v WI matches were split and it came down to the last match to determine who would make the final I believe.

And the finals were good matches. Pak, who had a very inexperienced team then, took it to Australia and just choked when they probably could have won one, if not both of those games. I quite enjoyed last year's series.
Yeah, Pakistan's performances were pretty good (particularly Rana's and Afridi's), but I never really felt like the comp was a three-horse race. I guess WI were hard done by in that early washout though.