• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official**VB Series 2005 Australia,Pakistan,West Indies.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
VB Series Thread

It doesn't start for a while now but early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy,wealthy and wise.How that fits in? I don't know. :unsure:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Australia will beat WI in the Final after they just scrape in over Pakistan on a techincality.

Leading run scorers will be :Lara, Gilchrist and Ponting
Leading wickets will be: McGrath, Akthar, Gillespie

Man of the series will be Gilchrist.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Players I especially want to do well: Salman Butt, Reon King, Dwayne Bravo, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Chris Gayle, Damien Martyn
Players I would prefer not to do well: All Martyn-less Aussies, Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi

Predicted winner: Australia 2-1 in the finals over WI

Standout player: Undecided as of yet. Maybe it'll come to me in a dream...

Simon

Aus will lose 2 games to pakistan, but beat WI in all 4, and then win the final 2-0.

leading run scorer will be Ponting, most wickets will be lee and shane watson will have a blinder imo...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Will be extremely surprised if the above transpired. The West Indies is at least as good a bet to beat Australia as Pakistan is.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Will be extremely surprised if the above transpired. The West Indies is at least as good a bet to beat Australia as Pakistan is.
I dont know about that. Pakistanis are a younger team, thus fiercer in competition in ODIs (which is why they always give Aus a much greater challenge in ODIs than they do in tests). WI do play harder against Pakistan, so it could be like the 95(?) series where Aus kept beating WI, WI kept beating Pak, Pak kept beating Aus. Now THAT would be a helluva series!!!

My fingers are crossed for Salman Butt to show his full potential, and as long as he survives the first few overs of any match, he might just be one of the top scorers of the series. I hope Inzi gets fit by then as well.

Sehwag309

Banned
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

...hopefully thats the case, West Indies / Aus for Final

Lara would be looking to settle scores with Aktar as well

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Sehwag309 said:
Lara would be looking to settle scores with Aktar as well
:laugh:
I just watched that delivery last week again, Lara is a tough guy, I was very surprised to see him standup again.

That's the second Pak pacer that injured Lara.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
...or a better bet.
WI and NZ are about equal for 2nd place in ODIs IMO.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
nightprowler10 said:
:laugh:
I just watched that delivery last week again, Lara is a tough guy, I was very surprised to see him standup again.

That's the second Pak pacer that injured Lara.
The first being?

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
I hope Brian Lara wins it for WI...although Australia clearly are the favourites...

Er...I forgot there are three teams...which is the other team...ahh Pakistan...oh well, still no change in my opinion

GO BRIAN LARA,You are a TRUE legend

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Andrew Symonds to reproduce his domestic form and to dominate the series. (It would be great to see)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Would be very tough for any team to win it except the Aussies. Most Windies players havent played in Australia before and that will prove a huge disadvantage. First timers in Australia usually struggle to get the length right and I see that to be a common problem which may emerge.

The Pakistanis have the potential to develop a very good side and a few tough losses should toughen them up. Depite Brian Lara, I think Pakistan will reach the final. The winners though look inevitable.

Sehwag309

Banned
Pratyush said:
Would be very tough for any team to win it except the Aussies. Most Windies players havent played in Australia before and that will prove a huge disadvantage. First timers in Australia usually struggle to get the length right and I see that to be a common problem which may emerge.

The Pakistanis have the potential to develop a very good side and a few tough losses should toughen them up. Depite Brian Lara, I think Pakistan will reach the final. The winners though look inevitable.
...but u gotta give the odds to Windies if they are chasing

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sehwag309 said:
...but u gotta give the odds to Windies if they are chasing
Any one can reach the final between the Windies and Pakistan. Pakistan has been playing in Australia for a longer length of time and their batsmen are finding touch finally like Butt. I would give the odds to Pakistan but only just to reach the finals.