• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Under 19 World Cup thread

Flem274*

123/5
TBH he already looks better then most of Kiwi seamers outside Franklin, Mills or Martin. So he needs to picked cus he one of best you got. It shouldn't really matter how old he is. Just look at Sharma playing at 19, if your good enough your old enough. If you play him as basically the 4th seamer behind Oram, I think it would be a good way to introduce him into the side.
Hmm but his domestic record is OK without being brilliant. I just want to be careful, the last thing we need is to ruin such a talent by not allowing him to develop first.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ U19's won't get a better chance to beat Pakistan.

They're 135/8 after 40 odd overs.

Im slightly worried about our batting, but good luck to them!

Flem274*

123/5
NZ U19's won't get a better chance to beat Pakistan.

They're 135/8 after 40 odd overs.

Im slightly worried about our batting, but good luck to them!
If Williamson, Worker or Andeson score runs we should get home.

What have the bowlers finished with? (and where are the scores?)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
go up the page a bit and there's a link i posted.

Well looking at the other scores, I think the pitches and conditions might be playing a part, so it could well be a mammoth effort by NZ to get a win.

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
What about he makes a district run first?
A certain blonde spin bowler never really did anything before he played for Australia.

He's scored 476 @ 43.27 for Melbourne this year anyway.

In the national under 19s comp at the end of last year, he scored 402 runs @ 57.43. Four 50s and a hundred from 7 knocks.

He will have, score 10+ Test centuries by the time his career is over - (despite being Diamond Creek scum)

Would Ladbrokes take that sort of bet?

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
- Kiwis look like they have a pretty good bowling attack. But batting looks average, to below par. Need the improve that a lot if they are going to push past the Super 8s.
- India look pretty solid so far and look the side to beat ATM.
- Pakistan seem to continue their up and down performances from Sri Lanka. But they got some real match winners, who can win a match from no where.
- South Africa look like they will make it into the next round after beating West Indies first up, but don't look that impressive. Got a couple talented players like Smuts, who can create some trouble to the better sides.
- Australia and Sri Lanka are through now pretty much (Sri Lanka still has to beat Nambia). Both put in some average performances against Nepal. But personally I think that more of sign the fact that Nepal are pretty decent. Should push West Indies and Zimbabwe in the plate. I think we will get a better picture of where both sides are after they play each other.
- Bangladesh and England haven't really been tested yet. Though England has been clincial in their victories so far. Will get a better idea after they play each other though.

Last edited: