• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Twenty20 Is Boring Society Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Every society needs an incompetent attorney. Well, probably not this one. But you're stuck with me anyway.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Every society needs an incompetent attorney. Well, probably not this one. But you're stuck with me anyway.
Wouldn't the attorney and consultant be doing almost the same thing (dealing with matters and complications) :unsure:?

Oh well I'll deal with the internal matters and complications, while you take care of the more external ones. I'll try to solve the external ones, but if we need to take legal action you will come into play :D.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Any position you want that's not already taken is yours! :happy:
Ill take the overpaid bludger position then. Every society has one - a guy who gets hired for reasons everyone has since forgotten and does nothing other than get paid by the founder.

So cough up Richard.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't worry I'll take care of this problem... Wait, we'll need to take legal action, it's all yours Ed :ph34r: .

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No thankyou :p, I am already the Consultant... Busy stuff, can't manage them both together :p.

But taxes only come once an year, in that case... :ph34r: .
nah, being a dodgy tax agent requires attention all year round if you wish to get a way with it :happy:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Going to turn full circle on prevous comments I've made on Twnety20 in the past. I find it boring at International level at the moment - but love it at domestic level.

So maybe I can be a semi-member :laugh:

Matt79

Global Moderator
I'll subscribe to the society and volunteer for whatever job is still available that has the most impressive ring to it.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Going to turn full circle on prevous comments I've made on Twnety20 in the past. I find it boring at International level at the moment - but love it at domestic level.

So maybe I can be a semi-member :laugh:
I volunteer to start up an Inquisition to root out such heresies from amongst our ranks.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Just to reiterate:

Cricket = Test cricket. Twenty20 > ODI. Unfair to compare these two to cricket, but in terms of excitement I'd take Twenty20 over ODI any day. If I'm going to watch an abomination, I'll watch an Indian bowler. But if I had to choose I'd take twenty20 as its finishes faster and I don't have to put up with the annoying ODI middle overs.

Though I absolutely positively despise with all my heart the 'contain at all cost' mentality. It is absolutely the antithesis of everything I love about bowling. I love smart, Kallis type batting and aggressive bowling where a leg spinner doesn't care if he gets hit a couple times because he's setting the guy up, or a fast bowler with six men in the slips.

Twenty20 makes no bones about what it is (and what it isn't). ODI tries to do both and fails at both.
This man is corrupting society.

Last edited: