• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Matt79

Global Moderator
^^ You're mad. You'd drop North when he's scored a century last test because he was dismissed by a gem of an arm-ball from Swann in this test?

pup11

International Coach
I'm a bit curious about it, just wanted to ask when was the last time Australia came from behind in a test series, to either win or draw it.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
We haven't gone down in a series very often, and when we have, its been when things have gone seriously awry and comebacks are unlikely. Can't think when the last time it happened would be off the top of my head.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Still boggles the mind that Clark was called up for the one-day series against Pakistan when he could have been playing FC cricket and working up some form in England.
Not really to me. Based on what i saw in the warm-up game on TV, Rupert looked quite ok. As Neilsen stupidy said the other day "Clark & Sidvcious are similar bowlwers"8-). So they cant play in the same team, bumbaclathh yo

pup11

International Coach
^^ You're mad. You'd drop North when he's scored a century last test because he was dismissed by a gem of an arm-ball from Swann in this test?
Its pretty much a toss up between Huss and him atm, since its unlikely Huss would be dropped given his stature and previous record, so that pretty much leaves North as the unlucky bloke to miss out.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Vs India 03/04: Were 0-1 down before tying the four match series 1-1
Before that, last time we were down, then WON a series
Vs England 1997: Were 0-1 down before winning 3-2 in a 6 match series, and before that
Vs South Africa 1993/94: Were 0-1 down before winning 2-1

Matt79

Global Moderator
Its pretty much a toss up between Huss and him atm, since its unlikely Huss would be dropped given his stature and previous record, so that pretty much leaves North as the unlucky bloke to miss out.
Or in that case, we drop neither, given the player we're bending over to try and accomodate is Shane Watson.

pup11

International Coach
I'm going in unchanged. Have faith.
In normal circumstances would have agreed with that, but in a series as big as the Ashes, just can't afford to repeat the same mistakes over and over again, the inability to bowl out England cheaply has been an obvious problem.

In such a situation another sub-standard performance from Mitch Johnson could pretty much cost us the series here, therefore its important that we go into the next test with a bit more depth in our bowling.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Vs England 1997: Were 0-1 down before winning 3-2 in a 6 match series, and before that
For curiosity, how many times since 94 have Aus gone 0-1 down and lost? Twice at least otomh....(SA last down-under summer, Ind 07)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nah both those series vs SA in 93/94 where drawn 1-1. Check it back dawgy..

pup11

International Coach
Or in that case, we drop neither, given the player we're bending over to try and accomodate is Shane Watson.
Not advocating Watson's selection either, as I said before, if he displays good batting and bowling form in the practice game, then he should be considered, but still my first preference would be Lee.

Matt79

Global Moderator
For curiosity, how many times since 94 have Aus gone 0-1 down and lost? Twice at least otomh....(SA last down-under summer, Ind 07)
Think that might be it. The other series loses (India 02 and England 05) were come from behind affairs for the freakishly lucky fiends involved. :ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
Think that might be it. The other series loses (India 02 and England 05) were come from behind affairs for the freakishly lucky fiends involved. :ph34r:
Didn't we lose a test series in Sri Lanka also, the same one where Steve Waugh and Dizzy Gillespie had that horrible collision.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
vs India 1998.
1st test Tendulkar 150 odd n/o Chennai

2nd test India making 600 odd,Ahzar 163* Kolkatta
3rd test Kasper gets 7 fer I think and Junior makes highest test score 153* Bangalore
Still can't believe Junior's highest test score = 153* mind = blown

Last edited: