• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* The Hundred 2022

chris.hinton

International Captain
This is really getting the posts. A poor format which is not needed for a bloated Cricket system we have across the world currently.

T20 is the way to go

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This is really getting the posts. A poor format which is not needed for a bloated Cricket system we have across the world currently.

T20 is the way to go
Dead right. I used to say that T20 is cricket for those who don't really like the game, and obviously the Hundred takes that to the next level.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
I was thinking about how a six-team T20 tournament could work based on regionally grouped teams (three counties each). Let's say you picked four players from two of the counties and five from another. Add in three overseas players for a squad of 16. Here's what I came up with on the premise that all England players were available. Players were selected by current county - I know some guys are moving on at the end of the Summer and in the case of Rossington, say, on loan at another. South could do with some more batters, but loads of good bowlers here. But that's what your overseas guys are for.

I would almost certainly bet on the North winning - look how stacked that side is! And good players were left out.

North: Durham / Yorkshire / Lancashire
Stokes, Wood, Carse, Potts
Rashid, Brook, Bairstow, Malan
Livingstone, Buttler, Salt, M Parkinson, Mahmood

South-East: Middlesex / Kent / Essex
Morgan, Roland-Jones, Helm, Eskinazi
Cox, Crawley, Billings, Klaassen, Denly
Lawrence, Critchley, Walter, Cook

South: Surrey / Sussex / Hampshire
Roy, S Curran, T Curran, Topley, Jordan
Garton, Archer, Mills, Alsop
Vince, Dawson, Crane, C Wood

West: Glamorgan / Somerset / Gloucestershire
Northeast, Harris, Douthwaite, J Cook
Smeed, Banton, Gregory, C Overton, Lammonby
Howell, Higgins, Bracey, Payne

Central: Worcestershire / Warwickshire / Northamptonshire
Ali, Brown, Pennington, D'Oliveira
Hain, Stone, Woakes, Lintott, Bethell
Cobb, Keogh, Sales, Rossington

East: Leicestershire / Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire
Ahmed, C Parkinson, Swindells, Lilley
Scrimshaw, McKiernan, Godleman, Reece
Hales, Duckett, Clarke, Ball, Moores

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Underwhelming ladies final. Brave were going ok but just lost it in the final 30 balls. Even with the scoreboard pressure of a final, 101 was a very poor score. Ismail was terrific, but Kapp as always is the clutch player when the heat is on. Lauren Bell was excellent for Brave but couldn't do much herself.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't watch it, but I see from the scorecard that Sam Cook went well. I assume as the ECB are all in on this ****fest that success here is a nice shortcut into England honours, right?

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hadn't seen him bowl with a white ball before, hadn't realised he was any good at it. But yeah he was impressive.

I think the England set up do pay attention when considering T20I selection. Will Jacks and Jordan Cox have just been called up for the next touring squad in no small part due to their Hundred seasons. and I don't think Roy would have been axed from the World Cup squad if he'd made runs. So maybe SCook will get a chance after the WC?

greg

International Debutant
Didn't watch it, but I see from the scorecard that Sam Cook went well. I assume as the ECB are all in on this ****fest that success here is a nice shortcut into England honours, right?
He’ll presumably be straight into the England Hundred squad.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Cook bowled some excellent yorkers and he's no slouch. England have problems with their pace bowlers, especially at the death. Woakes, Wood and Jordan aren't that reliable. Obviously they've named their squad now. Amazed Gleeson is on the list of reserves though.