• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Much rather Rybakina win than Sabalenka, sorry Niall…

If Rybakina can keep this up, between her, Sabalenka, Swiatek, and the next tier of Gauff, Pegula, Krejcikova, Sakkari, Badosa, Kenin et al, the future of the WTA looks bright!

Also Carlitos!

Niall

International Coach
Would be great if she could roll back the years and have a run at Wimbledon , but sadly she likely flops early.

Shame she only won 2 slams, when she murdered Sharapova was certain she would win a few more.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be great if she could roll back the years and have a run at Wimbledon , but sadly she likely flops early.

Shame she only won 2 slams, when she murdered Sharapova was certain she would win a few more.
She has asthma problems, breathing can get bad in awful conditions, and those conditions are quite prevalent at many slams, obviously she's also had physical disabilities since her attack, all in all she's had a pretty great career considering, and I could see her win another Wimbledon.

Niall

International Coach
She has asthma problems, breathing can get bad in awful conditions, and those conditions are quite prevalent at many slams, obviously she's also had physical disabilities since her attack, all in all she's had a pretty great career considering, and I could see her win another Wimbledon.

Oh yeah fantastic career, but some of those Wimbledon losses are sickeners, nonetheless she has won a lot and those hammerings of Maria and Genie always a fun watch.

Niall

International Coach
i really don't like this consistent version of sabalenka but i guess she can stop swiatek...

Saba would have felt Stuttgart clay would have been her best bet as that's pretty quick but was dispatched without fuss. Obviously on other surfaces it gets messier then you have Rybakina a serious factor.

Would like to see Iga play Krejickova on clay but I doubt Iga loses sleep over her either on this surface.

Men's side a procession for Alcarez , Coric and then the winner of Struff-Karatsev (randomness personified) in a final.:wacko:

Niall

International Coach
Big win that for Saba, obviously Iga fav for the french but got more interesting.

Wimbledon though could be a class slam, Ryb, Saba and lets see if Iga can figure out grass before then.

Cool to see some rivalries on the wta tour,......

Men side....Alcarez v Struff? WTF.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
****…just don’t like this version of Sabalenka…definitely prefer the reliable choker…anyway it was always going to be difficult for Iga to repeat her success from last year. Glad she is still playing really well and it’s not a steep fall…