• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
Saba v Rybakina would be a pretty good final tbf.

Neither are randoms tbf.

Talking about randoms, Aza!!

Niall

International Coach
Men side , the Greek is cruising along.

Things should start getting complicated for Novak as Rublev has been sneakily good this Slam.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
as i was saying...
It will be a straight sets drubbing...c'mon man...
this is a major with best of 5 sets matches and it's the aussie open which the douche owns...a win in the serbian open doesn't count...

Niall

International Coach
Saba v Rybakina won't be the most complex of finals but nonetheless neither are randoms and not much between them in the betting so should be very competitive hopefully.

Not the most surprising of news this. The men's matches are taking forever!

We get some really cool viral points from these type of matches but overall this is very bad . The courts need to be quicker and the points need to be shorter because unless a hardcore fan you can't blame anyone for turning off.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crazy that Djok is the 4th seed

I know that it’s about rankings but let’s be serious here
Didn't help that he threw himself out of two of the three Slams that earned points last year.

He'll get to #1 if/when he wins anyway.

the big bambino

International Captain
Didn't see the final but have seen both women play in fitful passages. How would people compare the power of the finalists with Serena's? Are they close to her level? I'm not sure how mobile the finalists are and I think this was an under rated facet of Serena's game. She wasn't a graceful mover but she was fast and able to chase down angles. So there was never a really consistently effective way of beating her. I wonder if Sabalenka and Rybakina have the power and court speed to compete with Serena?

Spark

Global Moderator
Didn't see the final but have seen both women play in fitful passages. How would people compare the power of the finalists with Serena's? Are they close to her level? I'm not sure how mobile the finalists are and I think this was an under rated facet of Serena's game. She wasn't a graceful mover but she was fast and able to chase down angles. So there was never a really consistently effective way of beating her. I wonder if Sabalenka and Rybakina have the power and court speed to compete with Serena?
Power wise both are frankly more powerful than Serena, but movement and especially mentality wise, Serena obviously on another level.