• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I realise he's a different style of player, but Federer's ability to adapt to the Madrid surface and win says a lot about his tennis ability. Nadal and Djokovic will no doubt bounce back in Rome but not impressed. I actually thought Berdych had a real opportunity to beat Federer in the final and it was frustratingly close for him. Must be rough to lose a final after not dropping a set all week.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Surface was made for Berdych so not surprised he pushed Fed. Looks like a great match, a shame I missed it.

Berd vs. Delpo semi was very tight as well. Delpo has to be stop being a **** when an umpiring decision doesn't go his way. He just bottles it mentally after that all the time (provided he's playing a good opponent and not Florian Mayer).

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I realise he's a different style of player, but Federer's ability to adapt to the Madrid surface and win says a lot about his tennis ability.
he has to be the greatest all-court player of all time, inarguably...he just doesn't have a weak surface...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
serena showed that when she is healthy and on song, the azarenkas of this world don't matter a whole lot...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Man I love the Italian tennis crowd. Always brilliant at getting behind their fellow Italians. They got completely behind Seppi and willed him back to beat Wawrinka. He saved 6 match points to win that match!

Love their chants. I remember the Rome crowd for Volandri vs. Fed 2007. Was incredible.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely the best that I've ever seen. (re Fed all-surface player)
Yeah, Serena is so mentally strong, isn't she ****?
We saw that last night, a set and 5-1 up in the second set tie breaker.
:renske:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah that sounds like a collapse for the ages.

First time she's ever lost in the first round of a Grand Slam I believe.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope Murray recovers here, I was really tempted to get on Niemenen before the match, giving Murray's ****e form. Lendl making all the difference though:unsure:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He'll win. Did the same **** at the French last year vs. Troicki. Loses a few sets and it seems he's injured. Grimes and moans every point he loses. He then just wins the match.

grecian

He'll win. Did the same **** at the French last year vs. Troicki. Loses a few sets and it seems he's injured. Grimes and moans every point he loses. He then just wins the match.
Yeah, as I speak a shocker of a game from Jarko.

So many unforced errors, could be a womans match.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good boy Murray.

I got on at $4.5 on Betfair. He went to over $6 at one stage but by the time I rang up he fell.

Can always get good value on players who have injury timeouts and the such (because people panic - Betfir pays out after the first set even if there is an injury retirement)

grecian

One can only assume that Woz and Rory shag like rabbits because they're both crap at their respective sports nowadays.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nole twice been a break up in this third set and thrown it away.

Got a 3rd break now. Has to hold!

Come on Nole don't ruin this tournament.