• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 2 Discussion - Aus, Ind, Pak and SA

Spark

Global Moderator
Hmm on that logic we haven't needed to bat beyond #4. Would hesitate to weaken our batting lineup for any reason, frankly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd be all for dropping Christian for an extra bowler if I actually had any faith in the other bowlers in our squad.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
We'll miss Christian in the field, IMO. Can't bowl for **** at this level, but his catching has been immense.

Xavier Doherty can't bowl for **** at this level either, so it seems like a dumb swap.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We'll miss Christian in the field, IMO. Can't bowl for **** at this level, but his catching has been immense.

Xavier Doherty can't bowl for **** at this level either, so it seems like a dumb swap.
I've gotta say, I don't mind it that much against SA, especially after seeing them get tied in knots by Raza Hasan.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Parnell getting picked more than makes up for that though.
That is an incredibly strange and stupid selection. I don't remember the last time Parnell bowled even semi decently at international level, and he can't bat either. Morkel surely must be unwell, would have thought he's undroppable.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Levi gone cheaply.

He was crap for Somerset this season. Don't know why anyone thinks he is international class!

Bring back Albie

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ian Chappell isn't one for holding back when he doesn't rate someone but I've never heard him rip in quite as much as he's doing to Levi at the moment.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Am I alone in wanting to keep Kallis in for as long as possible?

It's like his bat has an Infield Targeting System against non-minnows.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ian Chappell isn't one for holding back when he doesn't rate someone but I've never heard him rip in quite as much as he's doing to Levi at the moment.
Levi is so far short of International class it's incredible.

Maybe it's a ploy to get Kallis & Amla opening without them realising?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right. X-Do has 2/2 having taken one wicket in five previous T20Is.

That one was actually a good ball, too...