• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Srilanka and New Zealand LO tours to India - Jan 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
For sure. So many of us cricket fans craving for a tri-series and they don't do it anymore unfortunately.

Is bilaterals financially so much better than tri-series?
Minor Nations Generally Played tri series on this days.nz/Pak & Banger had one before WC T20 in NZ 2022.

G. S. Kohli

India should never selects 360° SKY in 50/50.
It's better to selects All rounder than Surya.
16 matches 384/ 32 average/ 2 scores of 50 with 64 best

Last edited:

ashley bach

International Captain
India should never selects 360° SKY in 50/50.
It's better to selects All rounder than Surya.
Having stayed up the other night to the early hours of the morning to watch India/Sri Lanka, I've got to say it was well and truly worth it.
That innings SKY played(112*) would have to qualify as the best innings I've ever seen in my life, and I've seen plenty.
No matter where the ball was bowled, it disappeared towards or over the boundary with ease.
The man is without doubt a true freak of nature. To not have him playing 50 over cricket when he is by miles the number 1 20/20 player in the world,
appears completely comical. There's no way in hell he should miss out on the Indian ODI team, it's just insane it's even a consideration.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Having stayed up the other night to the early hours of the morning to watch India/Sri Lanka, I've got to say it was well and truly worth it.
That innings SKY played(112*) would have to qualify as the best innings I've ever seen in my life, and I've seen plenty.
No matter where the ball was bowled, it disappeared towards or over the boundary with ease.
The man is without doubt a true freak of nature. To not have him playing 50 over cricket when he is by miles the number 1 20/20 player in the world,
appears completely comical. There's no way in hell he should miss out on the Indian ODI team, it's just insane it's even a consideration.
Yeah SKY is a must in the ODI team. I will do away with KLPD and select him in that number 5 position. Kishan can open and keep.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Seems we are going with...

Rohit (c)
Gill
Virat
Shreyas
Rahul (wk)
Hardik (vc)
Axar
Kuldeep
Umran
Arshdeep
Siraj

Frankly, this is such an underwhelming side I dont even feel like watching them play. Its almost as if there is no hoop the management wont dive through to get Rahul in somehow. I would have gone with....

Rohit (c)
Ishan (wk)
Virat
Shreyas
SKY
Washy
Hardik (vc)
Axar
Kuldeep
Umran
Siraj

Washy, Hardik, Siraj, Axar to bowl in the PP and Umran and Kuldeep as the attacking options in the middle overs with death overs being bowled between Hardik, Umran and Siraj.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

Rohit (c)
Gill
Virat
Shreyas
Rahul (wk)
Hardik (vc)
Axar
Kuldeep
Umran
Arshdeep
Siraj

Frankly, this is such an underwhelming side I dont even feel like watching them play. Its almost as if there is no hoop the management wont dive through to get Rahul in somehow. I would have gone with....

Rohit (c)
Ishan (wk)
Virat
Shreyas
SKY
Washy
Hardik (vc)
Axar
Kuldeep
Umran
Siraj

Washy, Hardik, Siraj, Axar to bowl in the PP and Umran and Kuldeep as the attacking options in the middle overs with death overs being bowled between Hardik, Umran and Siraj.
I would have gone exactly with the team you have mentioned too. But the team management is somehow intent on getting in Rahul.

Kishan and SKY for Rahul and Gill will be a huge change in how we approach ODIs.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would have gone exactly with the team you have mentioned too. But the team management is somehow intent on getting in Rahul.

Kishan and SKY for Rahul and Gill will be a huge change in how we approach ODIs.
And Washy for the extra seamer. We need the depth and we have allrounders we refuse to use. In India, we can play Kuldeep and outside, esp. in SENA, we can play an extra seamer (hopefully Chahar sorts his fitness out and he is our #9).

G. S. Kohli

Ya but they want Surya or Iyer ?
We not need to remove Iyer in ODI for long time who is only dependable when it's matter most, you can not trust Surya in ODI

G. S. Kohli

Folks

Sri Lanka have won toss & have opted Bowl, I am more than happy that india keep Iyer but left out SKY

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Mohammed Shami, Umran Malik, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal

No Washington Sundar, Gill open with Rohit & Rahul will keep wicket

Sri Lanka (Playing XI): Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis(w), Avishka Fernando, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka(c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dunith Wellalage, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madushanka ~{Debut)

Captain Shanaka never played ODI vs India in india.

Dew was prime reason, SL decides to chase

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Folks

Sri Lanka have won toss & have opted Bowl, I am more than happy that india keep Iyer but left out SKY

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Mohammed Shami, Umran Malik, Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal

No Washington Sundar
That top 5 oozes tuk-tuk. All cake and no icing.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Folks

No Washington Sundar, Gill open with Rohit & Rahul will keep wicket

Sri Lanka (Playing XI): Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis(w), Avishka Fernando, Dhananjaya de Silva, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka(c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dunith Wellalage, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madushanka ~{Debut)

Captain Shanaka never played ODI vs India in india.

Dew was prime reason, SL decides to chase
That's also a hilarious tail with Shami at 8. Sundar should have been playing instead of Chahal.

G. S. Kohli

Rohit (83) Completed 9536 ODI runs with 500+ sixes in 3 International Format

Dew not effective till 8.30 pm so Axar & Chahal still valuable with in first 30 overs, I may wrong, Batting 2nd better here

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And he played an actual cut shot to a seam bowler for a boundary. Hopefully he realizes he is allowed to play off the backfoot in tests too.

G. S. Kohli

Rohit (c)
Gill
Virat
Shreyas
Rahul (wk)
Hardik (vc)
Axar
Kuldeep
Umran
Arshdeep
Siraj

Rohit (c)
Ishan (wk)
Virat
Shreyas
SKY
Washy
Hardik (vc)
Axar
Kuldeep
Umran
Siraj

If washington play here (373/7) he could find himself in the list below https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/records/102992.html

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri lanka bat deep as hell and dew is supposedly gonna be a factor later on in this game. Reckon there a decent chance of chasing this

Edit: Realized Shanaka is at 6, batting isn't as deep as I thought.