• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Srilanka and New Zealand LO tours to India - Jan 2023

Shady Slim

International Coach
For sure. So many of us cricket fans craving for a tri-series and they don't do it anymore unfortunately.

Is bilaterals financially so much better than tri-series?
it's probably not ~financially viable~ but i would love to see them do the tri series and put the neutral games at rural and regional venues, in sort of places that don't get internationals

Flem274*

123/5
it's probably not ~financially viable~ but i would love to see them do the tri series and put the neutral games at rural and regional venues, in sort of places that don't get internationals
2015 world cup was awesome for this. it also allowed a few grounds like bay oval iirc to show their stuff and get promoted.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
2015 world cup was awesome for this. it also allowed a few grounds like bay oval iirc to show their stuff and get promoted.
Its how the 96 WC worked too, tbh. Not exactly rural but a lot of cities that wont get to host international cricket too much got chances then. Same with 2011 too, I think.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Okay so like I don't mind if people leave off the *Official* of whatever when making these threads but please put in the year; I sometimes like to go back and browse through old tour threads for nostalgia (or I need to find an old post) and it's a lot easier if the year(s) is in the title.
Also it's require teams name

G. S. Kohli

Tue Jan 3 19:00 local | 13:30 GMTIndia vs Sri Lanka, 1st T20 D/N Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Thu Jan 5 19:00 local | 13:30 GMTIndia vs Sri Lanka, 2nd T20 D/N Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
Sat Jan 7 19:00 local | 13:30 GMTIndia vs Sri Lanka, 3rd T20 D/N Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot
Tue Jan 10 14:00 local | 08:30 GMTIndia vs Sri Lanka, 1st ODI D/N Nehru Stadium, Guwahati
Thu Jan 12 14:00 local | 08:30 GMTIndia vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI D/N Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Wed Jan 18 10:00 local | 04:30 GMTIndia vs New Zealand, 1st ODI Rajiv Gandhi Int. Stadium, Hyderabad
Sat Jan 21 10:00 local | 04:30 GMTIndia vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI International Cricket Stadium, Raipur
Tue Jan 24 10:00 local | 04:30 GMTIndia vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore
Fri Jan 27 19:00 local | 13:30 GMTIndia vs New Zealand, 1st T20 D/N JSCA International Cricket Stadium, Ranchi
Sun Jan 29 19:00 local | 13:30 GMTIndia vs New Zealand, 2nd T20 D/N Atal Bihari Vajpayee Stadium, Lucknow
Wed Feb 1 19:00 local | 13:30 GMTIndia vs New Zealand, 3rd T20 D/N Sardar Patel Stadium Motera, Ahmedabad
India vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI at GreenField Int'L Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram.13.30 IST / 08.00 GMT

Sri Lanka ODI Squad:
Dasun Shanaka (capt.), Pathum Nissanka, Avishka Fernando, Sadeera Samarawickrama. Kusal Mendis (Vice Captain), Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Ashen Bandara, Maheesh Theekshana, Jeffrey Vandersay, Chamika Karunaratne, Dilshan Madushanka, Kasun Rajitha, Nuwanidu Fernando, Dunith Wellalage, Pramod Madushan, Lahiru Kumara

India's ODI Squad : Rohit Sharma (capt), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya (vice-capt), Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
India vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI at GreenField Int'L Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram.13.30 IST / 08.00 GMT

Sri Lanka ODI Squad:
Dasun Shanaka (capt.), Pathum Nissanka, Avishka Fernando, Sadeera Samarawickrama. Kusal Mendis (Vice Captain), Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Ashen Bandara, Maheesh Theekshana, Jeffrey Vandersay, Chamika Karunaratne, Dilshan Madushanka, Kasun Rajitha, Nuwanidu Fernando, Dunith Wellalage, Pramod Madushan, Lahiru Kumara

India's ODI Squad : Rohit Sharma (capt), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya (vice-capt), Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Axar Patel, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Umran Malik, Arshdeep Singh.
someone edit this table to add the last ODI and add to OP plz.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Him getting caught at slips repeatedly in the ODIs does not give the confidence about his test game.

That said, I would definitely try him as I have mentioned elsewhere here.

G. S. Kohli

Just dump Surya into the Test side as well...with full license. Too outrageous a talent at too advanced an age to not be given a Test cap.
We need 3 team just like England.we have bunch of players waiting out for mutiday games in india.surya in test cricket, no way.

G. S. Kohli

they have a series against Bangladesh at start of April and series against New Zealand before it, stop posting wrong info
Series vs NZ are 10 matches white ball games in Pakistan koz no Pakistani player Allowed in iPL.Last but the least, NZ Cricket Board Ensure IPL Committee of availability of NZ player for entire IPL 2023.

IPL schedule with 74 matches not officially announces yet, Mr Gary Stead aware of BD vs NZ series, they have their own plan. ( for Example IPL not effected Zimbabwe vs Ireland series )

Socerer 01

International Captain
Series vs NZ are 10 matches white ball games in Pakistan koz no Pakistani player Allowed in iPL.Last but the least, NZ Cricket Board Ensure IPL Committee of availability of NZ player for entire IPL 2023.

IPL schedule with 74 matches not officially announces yet, Mr Gary Stead aware of BD vs NZ series, they have their own plan. ( for Example IPL not effected Zimbabwe vs Ireland series )
bro what are you even saying, I’m talking about why no Sri Lankan got picked and its because they have a series against New Zealand and Bangladesh during the start of the IPL and you’re talking about something else entirely

G. S. Kohli

bro what are you even saying, I’m talking about why no Sri Lankan got picked and its because they have a series against New Zealand and Bangladesh during the start of the IPL and you’re talking about something else entirely
You should mention Country's name on First place. Let me see in my Home PC. I am away for Sunday shopping

G. S. Kohli

You should mention Country's name on First place. Let me see in my Home PC. I am away for Sunday shopping
Yes by the time IPL starts Sri lanka & NZ completed 2 test & 2 ODI so its not bad, Schedule of IPL not announces officially for 2023 so they can Adjust players, 25 players in IPL team you know that, right?

My point is clear
When IPL schedule releases