• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2020/21 Tests

Bahseph

State Captain
Vishwa Fernando is another one of those successful mid 120 to mid 130 bowlers. 20 wickets in 4 games in SA and he bowled well (though without the same success) in Australia too.
There's definitely something there. If him,Lakmal and Kumara are fit at once it would be a very useful attack. I think they have to back Shanaka as the allrounder. Not entirely sure who the preferred spinner is for SL these days though.

the big bambino

International Captain
There's definitely something there. If him,Lakmal and Kumara are fit at once it would be a very useful attack. I think they have to back Shanaka as the allrounder. Not entirely sure who the preferred spinner is for SL these days though.
I sighed for Herath ... Yes I like the pace trio mentioned. Good variety and Chameera too. I've just looked at their squad and imo Dilruwan Perera or Embuldeniya should be the spinner.

Bahseph

State Captain
I think Dilruwan is over the hill imo. I think Embuldeniya might be the man in possession of the number 1 spot but they went with the spinning allrounder in SA. I think it was a reasonable call. If you look at SA,even Keshav doesn't get much to do unless we are at a coastal venue.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I sighed for Herath ... Yes I like the pace trio mentioned. Good variety and Chameera too. I've just looked at their squad and imo Dilruwan Perera or Embuldeniya should be the spinner.
DDS and Shanaka (and the keeper, forget his name) give them a lot of balance, as they can always play with 4 seamers and 2 spinners in SENA country tours. That pace trio + Shanaka + DDS + Embuldeniya (not sure if he can bat like a #8 though) should give them lots of options.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Ouch.

South Africa still a long way ahead but if there's one team that can come back from difficult situations comfortably it's Sri Lanka. And it's clear they have the momentum.
No way without the batting. A middle order of Mathews, Chandimal and DDS may once in a blue moon get us to 500+, but not with this lineup. looking forwards for a easy chase for SAF of about 100.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
To have a lead and six wickets in hand is still a remarkable turnaround. I think the win probability when the collapse was on was still well above 95% and was at 99% an hour into day 2 where it looked like South Africa were going to do what they did at Centurion with the bat.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Also, a shoutout to Dickwella, who I like, scored 18 runs but has played and missed more times than that. Some feat. Literally every other ball I watched this morning was him playing and missing.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
On Mulder’s wicket, it just doesn’t look out on first viewing. Really surprised the umpire gave that. Bavuma’s dismissal was so poor but it is something the South Africans do. Faf likes that mode of dismissal as did Philander. You would rather they just get done on the outside edge then to go down like that. It doesn’t look good.