• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Was going to go to the match in Queenstown, but all my mates are in Wanaka for New Years. Why couldn't they have made it the 30th?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
If Bond's back , then SL all out for under 50 at Queenstown in first ODI !! :D :D

Any takers ? :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I think NZ selectors have to make important decisions on both Marshalls (both being continually picked despite lack of runs to show for it ) and Macka . :mellow:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Interesting poll on the frontpage of Cricket Web that has just over 300 votes thus far.

Who do you think should be dropped for the one-day series against Sri Lanka?

Craig McMillan
[tally] 20%
Hamish Marshall
[tally] 17%
James Franklin
[tally] 30%
James Marshall
[tally] 23%
Nathan Astle
[tally] 10%

dinu23

International Debutant
i'd definitelly vote for Mcmillan.
talking about the SL team, I hope to see some fresh faces in the squad like Kalawitigoda, Vandort, sajeewa weerakoon.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
That schedule is weird. It says "4 One-Day Internationals" but only gives the dates for three.
When the Windies tour which match is the Twenty20?
Why is every fixture for the South Africa tour doubled?

James

Cricket Web Owner
James90 - we show the Schedule/Results by years, the first ODI is on 31st December.

Once we have the series section created, you'll see all 4 ODIs on the same page :)

shaka

International Regular
I think Franklin atm does not deserve to be in the team unless it is on a pitch that is ideally suited to swing bowling.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Franklin just doesn't seem to be an ODI bowler so they might need to start looking elsewhere for a bowler. Let's be fair to Marshall, this is his first form slump...and Astle has served us very well over the years. But McMillan has never hit form so surely he should get the chop first.

It's going to be interesting to see who they do select, but i kinda get the feeling that there will be little surprises..if any at all.

Ming

State 12th Man
Shaka, how can a pitch be suited to swing bowling?

Franklin is a good bowler, and he should be kept for the ODI series. He's a wicket taking bowler, and he is getting better.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I suppose they should keep trying Franklin. But he's got to stop bowling either too short or too full. I guess with Mills showing huge improvement over the last 6 months, maybe Franklin can eventually do the same.

Ming

State 12th Man
Ah Vincent should be fine. Only a rolled ankle. He managed to play 3 days after major bruising on his thigh....