• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Great result, and nice to finally pick up a series win after the post WTC 2021 drought. Papering over some obvious cracks which have been discussed to death here, so won't dwell on those. But good to see Kane back among the runs, and in particular Henry taking up the bowling responsibilities.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Great result, and nice to finally pick up a series win after the post WTC 2021 drought. Papering over some obvious cracks which have been discussed to death here, so won't dwell on those. But good to see Kane back among the runs, and in particular Henry taking up the bowling responsibilities.
Also good to see Southee bowling tightly and taking wickets.

G. S. Kohli

2-0. Very niiice
[/QUOTE]

Sri lanka batted 206± overs probably game Drag into day 5 if Angie & Mendis not Dismiss on Day 4 Under Cloudy Hour or so, last tour Mendis hit 141* at Hamilton.

Nz won this test with Unlimited Short pitch Bowling, congratulation nz

Also in april Nz will tour pakistan with 10 white ball game

If KW hits hundred in nz at Mt M on feb 16-20, 2024 he will Equal 4 century record in 4 test in A row & equal with Brook/ Dravid /Finglton & Melville

Nz will be tour UAE after pak tour with 3 T20I in Aug 2023 & 8 white ball game later on vs Eng ( 4 t20I & 4 ODI)

Menwhile 6 White ball game waiting them in few days vs Sri lanka

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

Mar 25, Sat
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka
1st ODI at Eden Park, Auckland
06:30 IST
3 ODI & 3 T20I

SL T20I Dasun Shanaka ( C)Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dhananjaya De Silva, Charith Asalanka, Kusal Janith Perera, Lasith Croospulle, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Nuwanidu Fernando, Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Dunith Wellalage, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Dilshan Madushanka, Chamika Karunaratne, Matheesha Pathirana, Pramod Madushan.

SL ODI squad: Dasun Shanaka (capt.), Pathum Nissanka, Nuwanidu Fernando, Kusal Mendis (wk), Angelo Mathews, Charith Asalanka, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Dhananjaya De Silva, Sahan Arachchige, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dunith Wellalage, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Pramod Madushan, Dilshan Madushanka, Chamika Karunaratne, Matheesha Pathirana.

Nz Zealand ODI squad for Sri Lanka series:
Tom Latham (captain), Finn Allen (1st ODI), Tom Blundell, Chad Bowes, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman (2nd and 3rd ODI), Lockie Ferguson (1st ODI), Matt Henry, Ben Lister (2nd and 3rd ODI), Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls (2nd and 3rd ODI), Glenn Phillips (1st ODI), Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Will Young.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Mar 25, Sat
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka
1st ODI at Eden Park, Auckland
06:30 IST
3 ODI & 3 T20I

SL T20I Dasun Shanaka ( C)Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Dhananjaya De Silva, Charith Asalanka, Kusal Janith Perera, Lasith Croospulle, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Nuwanidu Fernando, Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Dunith Wellalage, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Dilshan Madushanka, Chamika Karunaratne, Matheesha Pathirana, Pramod Madushan.

SL ODI squad: Dasun Shanaka (capt.), Pathum Nissanka, Nuwanidu Fernando, Kusal Mendis (wk), Angelo Mathews, Charith Asalanka, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Dhananjaya De Silva, Sahan Arachchige, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dunith Wellalage, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Pramod Madushan, Dilshan Madushanka, Chamika Karunaratne, Matheesha Pathirana.

Nz Zealand ODI squad for Sri Lanka series:
Tom Latham (captain), Finn Allen (1st ODI), Tom Blundell, Chad Bowes, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman (2nd and 3rd ODI), Lockie Ferguson (1st ODI), Matt Henry, Ben Lister (2nd and 3rd ODI), Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls (2nd and 3rd ODI), Glenn Phillips (1st ODI), Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner, Will Young.
Michael Bracewell is out now for Rachin Ravindra.

ashley bach

International Captain
I really wonder what test squad we'll take to Bangladesh. India almost lost a test there recently before being saved by Ashwin with the bat, while India and England have lost white ball series. We have an incredibly tough group of series for the next WTC: Bang, SL, & India away, with SA, Aus, & Eng at home, so it is vital we start well and at worst draw in Bangladesh.
Is it that tough though?
The great difficulty in playing away from home is compensated by playing 2/3 teams that are certainly very beatable.
There's also 2/3 teams that are very beatable at home. These 4 wins might be enough to make the final, a drawn series as well would all but lock it.
Ambitions first up against Bangladesh must be to do better than draw, with all due respect to them, but if you don't beat Bangladesh in a WTC series
cycle you almost certainly aren't heading for the final, so yeah if we're not ruthless from the get-go it's almost sayonara.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it that tough though?
The great difficulty in playing away from home is compensated by playing 2/3 teams that are certainly very beatable.
There's also 2/3 teams that are very beatable at home. These 4 wins might be enough to make the final, a drawn series as well would all but lock it.
Ambitions first up against Bangladesh must be to do better than draw, with all due respect to them, but if you don't beat Bangladesh in a WTC series
cycle you almost certainly aren't heading for the final, so yeah if we're not ruthless from the get-go it's almost sayonara.
AUS couldn't beat SL away last year and there a better touring team right now then NZ. Bang also nearly beat am India with PANT in bang earlier in the year. If Shakib is still around when NZ tour neither series will be easy.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Dunno if anyone subscribes to Dylan Cleaver's substack newsletter (it's bloody ace) but jeepers, his ratings for the Test summer are a wild ride.

Nicholls 4 - the same score Kuggeleijn gets and one less than Dacewell. Macewell 5, Southee 7 for 17 wickets at 26, Tickner 6 (same as Conway and Latham) etc.

One I'd argue too is Matt Henry's 8, I'd give him 9. He has truly come of age as a Test bowler. Since the start of 2021 (and I'm omitting the Pakistan Test after NYs, because it's my analysis and get stuffed) in 8 Tests he's taken 41 wickets at 26 and not once failed to take a wicket in an innings. He seems to bowl a much more demanding length rather than the floaty stuff he could offer at times earlier in his career, uses the short ball judiciously, gets the right amount of movement with the new ball and bowls much more demanding areas for longer periods of time. It shouldn't slip by that we now have another really, really good Test bowler in our side. Obviously the batting in Christchurch was a major plus too and probably without it, we don't win there.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Dunno if anyone subscribes to Dylan Cleaver's substack newsletter (it's bloody ace) but jeepers, his ratings for the Test summer are a wild ride.

Nicholls 4 - the same score Kuggeleijn gets and one less than Dacewell. Macewell 5, Southee 7 for 17 wickets at 26, Tickner 6 (same as Conway and Latham) etc.

One I'd argue too is Matt Henry's 8, I'd give him 9. He has truly come of age as a Test bowler. Since the start of 2021 (and I'm omitting the Pakistan Test after NYs, because it's my analysis and get stuffed) in 8 Tests he's taken 41 wickets at 26 and not once failed to take a wicket in an innings. He seems to bowl a much more demanding length rather than the floaty stuff he could offer at times earlier in his career, uses the short ball judiciously, gets the right amount of movement with the new ball and bowls much more demanding areas for longer periods of time. It shouldn't slip by that we now have another really, really good Test bowler in our side. Obviously the batting in Christchurch was a major plus too and probably without it, we don't win there.
I would also highly recommend Cleaver's Substack for themselves or as a gift subscription to a sports fan (I do the $5 a month although could get $50 for the year). I think he must have been pretty close to giving Henry a 9 like he gave to Kane. Interesting titbit that England players were heard calling Mitchell a selfish player (I also didn't know Auckland cricket were looking to make Colin Maiden Park their permanent home and they will try to get tests there?). Cleaver gave him 8 too.

The pick of the bowlers this summer. Was on paternity leave for the first test against England, which coincided with New Zealand’s poorest bowling performance of the summer. Henry is locked in now. His rhythm is smooth, his pace quick enough to trouble the best and he has an unerring ability to hit the seam. Although they go about their work with different arms and in different ways, Henry’s rapid improvements has eased the pain of Trent Boult’s absence. His hard-hit 72 in the first test against Sri Lanka was crucial.

Last edited:

The Hutt Rec

I do the free version of that … I should sign up monthly over the cricket season. I would do a yearly one if he mainly covered cricket and league, but it’s more cricket and union (yawn).

ashley bach

International Captain
AUS couldn't beat SL away last year and there a better touring team right now then NZ. Bang also nearly beat am India with PANT in bang earlier in the year. If Shakib is still around when NZ tour neither series will be easy.
Oh hell yeah both S.L and Bangladesh won't be easy that's for sure. But if you have the possibility to beat teams in a series away from home then
these 2 teams are beatable. No away series is easy but NZ at least have the chance to play well and achieve series wins.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh hell yeah both S.L and Bangladesh won't be easy that's for sure. But if you have the possibility to beat teams in a series away from home then
these 2 teams are beatable. No away series is easy but NZ at least have the chance to play well and achieve series wins.
The whole point is that NZ have a tough schedule. NZ and BANG away are both really hard, Right now i'de back NZ to go over to the windies, SA, zimbabwe or somewhere like that and win more often than bang or SL.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Those losses were unacceptable. Chandimal (4/4), Mathews (2/3), Karunarathne (3/3) failed to convert the starts. Chandimal averages 40+ in the tour but has no centuries to show. And half of the time it was stupid shots, while he was coasting brought the downfall. Chandimal and Karunarathne converting one of those innings each would have made the picture very different.