• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
I think it was SL who batted an entire day out against us without losing a wicket at Hagley (e: was actually at the basin!) some years back. It's nice we've put up a total but a lot of work to be done still on a pretty flat looking deck.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it was SL who batted an entire day out against us without losing a wicket at Hagley some years back. It's nice we've put up a total but a lot of work to be done still on a pretty flat looking deck.
Yep, was Mathews and Mendis wasn't it, batting out to save a Test, and it rained on day 5?

Someone needs to tell Scotty Stevenson that saying people are 'deleting tins' on the bank doesn't have a place in a Test cricket commentary. The commentary equivalent of fingers down a chalkboard at best, or a knitting needle in your Jap's eye at worst.

Flem274*

123/5
Great stuff from the batsmen. Made it sound like a video game. Really happy for Nicholls, but it needs to be a beginning not a delay.
DOUGEH! Instant impact from the guy PEWS and I always knew should've been playing the last few Tests.
Ahem, same here.

****in McMillan perpetuating the "Doug doesn't swing it" meme. He literally just bowled an outswinger.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Was disappointed he said his best figures of 6-40 'could've been the win over Australia in Hobart' as well. **** me, of course it was. Surely those figures are burnt into any cricket fan's brain.
Not enough to snag MOTM off a highly deserving David Warner though.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Another benefit of cricket at the ground. Even your worst mate’s commentary is better than Scotty Stevenson.
Yesterday sitting in the RA Vance, Stevenson was walking up the steps to the commentary box, Williamson hit a nice shot for four, people were clapping, then came a big loud voice saying "Shot!". Pretty sure it was Stevenson. It was really awkward how it just echoed out. Also I have no idea how he actually saw the shot, because he was walking up the steps away from the action.

ataraxia

International Coach
He sure procrastinated the career-saving knock, but thankfully that's another few years for Nicholls.

But seriously, it's relieving to see we can still absolutely dominate teams at home. Great stuff. And we get the Bracewell–Bracewell bowling partnership!