• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2019

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who was it that said we shouldn't worry about Finch's T20 form?

Last 15 games, 1 fifty, 4 ducks, averaging 13.66. I'm worried.
ffs the reason this is such a dumb thing to worry about was explained to you thoroughly earlier, in this very thread IIRC

edit: here:

man i have no idea why people are talking about finch's form, as if his t20i formline is even relevant. his last t20i was in february, since then he made runs at the back end of the india ODI series and the tons in the UAE, then had a pretty friggin good world cup, made a t20 ton for surrey and a list A ton for victoria and has made first class runs for surrey and victoria. he was out of touch from about november to february but since then, his formline dictates these runs shouldn't really surprise
His last T20I was in February. Why tf would you think his last 15 games would be even the slightest bit relevant?

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
Who was it that said we shouldn't worry about Finch's T20 form?

Last 15 games, 1 fifty, 4 ducks, averaging 13.66. I'm worried.
it was me who said that we shouldn't give a **** about his t20 "form" when since the last t20i against india in february (his most recent t20i barring the one on sunday (where he made 64 ffs)), he's averaged 58.68 from 20 odis with 4 tons. on top of that he averaged 36 in the vitality blast with a ton, made 90 in his only county championship knock, and made that 188* or whatever for victoria. i couldn't care less what he averaged in some sporadic t20is, it has no bearing on his form right now

i don't even know why i care so much, it's just such a stupid thing to worry about. i don't even like arun that much

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The sides qualifying via the T20 qualifier would have to be hoping to meet Sri Lanka next year.

Would be totally demoralizing for Sri Lanka to play like this when the World Cup is to be played in these conditions. Apart from perhaps Perera's cameo tonight, nothing positive has come from these matches.

Daemon

Not since Inzi v Ranatunga have two peak performance physiques walked in for the toss.

Burgey

Thought the most interesting thing about last nights game was the pre match interview with TPC where explained how he changes his stance and set up/ trigger movements to be more side on so he can get more power through the ball.

No biggie. Just alter my stance and trigger movements. This is why I think the idea his movements will get him in strife as he ages won’t wash. If they do, he’ll just change them. He’ll change anything if it means he will score more runs.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I didn't even know this was on today until I saw like 5 Sri Lankans queuing for the bus in the cbd on my way home from work. I then guessed the second t20 was on. Looks like I'm not missing much.
Same, had no idea it was even on until yesterday afternoon let alone at the Gabba. I kind of just assumed the last two games would be Friday/Sunday.

^What's foxtel got to do with no crowd at the Gabba?
If it was on free to air then there would at least be ads plastered all over that channel and in their news bulletins in the leadup that a game was going to be on. As it is, the FTA channels have no incentive to give any air time to these series.

Daemon

Thought the most interesting thing about last nights game was the pre match interview with TPC where explained how he changes his stance and set up/ trigger movements to be more side on so he can get more power through the ball.

No biggie. Just alter my stance and trigger movements. This is why I think the idea his movements will get him in strife as he ages won’t wash. If they do, he’ll just change them. He’ll change anything if it means he will score more runs.
Watched highlights of his boundaries on insta. He’s moving around, standing virtually upright and driving fuller balls to both sides of the V with his bat in front of his body.

Textbook.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
What was the posted crowd last night?
Took me ages to find it but according to Dan Brettig it was 11,986.

Would've thought that 15k would've been par all things considered so while ordinary not a total disaster.

Match still rated over 200k on Foxtel which meant by a country mile it was that networks highest rated show yesterday. I think they would be pretty happy with that as very little else in summer would come close to that for them.

Spark

Global Moderator
Took me ages to find it but according to Dan Brettig it was 11,986.

Would've thought that 15k would've been par all things considered so while ordinary not a total disaster.

Match still rated over 200k on Foxtel which meant by a country mile it was that networks highest rated show yesterday. I think they would be pretty happy with that as very little else in summer would come close to that for them.
Aus crowds basically always look worse on TV than the numerical totals suggest unless the stadiums are pretty full

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I keep thinking back to the beginning of his five-year blitzkrieg of test match batting and how relatively quaint his whole mojo was.

Abominably minimal amount of movement.

Gob

International Coach
I keep thinking back to the beginning of his five-year blitzkrieg of test match batting and how relatively quaint his whole mojo was.

Abominably minimal amount of movement.
Remember Matt Prior sledging him when he walked in

Lol Matt what a ****.

Rad haddin>>>>Matt

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just remember folks, some people are going to pay hard earned money to watch tonight's game live.

How depressing.

Burgey

Happy to say this is not on at the Bald Rock, however there are meat trays, and I should obviously apologise for that.